Whats the oldest 560/550xp out still running thanks

mendiplogs

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My memory is telling me 14k rpm? :confused1:

I stand corrected niko, I spoke to husky this weekend, there are 3 different coil numbers printed, the limiters are between 13.5k rpm and 14.2k rpm, but the carb also limits the rpm by fuel quality/mix. My saw was running 14,172 rpm on pump fuel and green Stihl oil on Friday, whilst running the full 14.2k rpm one I stuck aspen in the fuel tank.

Interestingly, the carb can't be swapped between saws that have different coil numbers without plugging in to change the software. In fact, the carb carries all the data of the saw, including serial number and corrected week of manufacture and test. My saw was actually put into circulation 2 weeks after assembly

I stand corrected niko, I spoke to husky this weekend, there are 3 different coil numbers printed, the limiters are between 13.5k rpm and 14.2k rpm, but the carb also limits the rpm by fuel quality/mix. My saw was running 14,172 rpm on pump fuel and green Stihl oil on Friday, whilst running the full 14.2k rpm one I stuck aspen in the fuel tank.

Interestingly, the carb can't be swapped between saws that have different coil numbers without plugging in to change the software. In fact, the carb carries all the data of the saw, including serial number and corrected week of manufacture and test. My saw was actually put into circulation 2 weeks after assembly

Thanks for the added info! :001_smile:

Of course the actual max rpm at any given moment will vary a bit with how the carb tunes itself, based on the latest use and conditions.

Thanks for the added info! :001_smile:

Of course the actual max rpm at any given moment will vary a bit with how the carb tunes itself, based on the latest use and conditions.

It's a very interesting saw, I spent several hours chatting with the tech guys and one of the guys who does the racing saws (he helped build the husky racing cart for the gadget show). It's an extremely choked saw, in comparison to the 357, the exhaust port is less than 2/3 of the size, the intake is a 15x15mm hole and the carb Venturi is of similar size to the 200t! Still, it leaves a lot to play with.

• 1 year later...

Well , I thought I would bump this thread again, I have today ordered my replacement 560xpg my one is now 4years old this week and has done a serious amount of cutting, the engine is as good today as it was 4 years ago but little bits like the side plate are causing some niggly problems, but not enough that you cant use it safely. Just the brake doesn't always click off each time you have put it on.

So I decided to retire her after all shes been through, it will still be in the truck as a back up saw. Just hope the new one lives up to the big boots its got to fill :thumbup:

just need to order some new sugi hara bars as my last ones got toasted with some dubious bar oil

Well , I thought I would bump this thread again, I have today ordered my replacement 560xpg my one is now 4years old this week and has done a serious amount of cutting, the engine is as good today as it was 4 years ago but little bits like the side plate are causing some niggly problems, but not enough that you cant use it safely. Just the brake doesn't always click off each time you have put it on.

So I decided to retire her after all shes been through, it will still be in the truck as a back up saw. Just hope the new one lives up to the big boots its got to fill :thumbup:

just need to order some new sugi hara bars as my last ones got toasted with some dubious bar oil

Hi mate what oil do you use and what other things have gone wrong thanks Jon

nothings gone wrong on it really (a new side plate would have probably sorted it out) but im aware its 4years old and expecting it to last out another winter of felling without problems is a bit much, all my 346xpgs have packed up now so im running the 560 as my main saw unless im in bigger timber using the 372. I have only had the parts listed on this thread when it was run over and a replacement brake band. I wont name the oil as they saw me right over it and its not available now anyway as they pulled it from sale.

nothings gone wrong on it really (a new side plate would have probably sorted it out) but im aware its 4years old and expecting it to last out another winter of felling without problems is a bit much, all my 346xpgs have packed up now so im running the 560 as my main saw unless im in bigger timber using the 372. I have only had the parts listed on this thread when it was run over and a replacement brake band. I wont name the oil as they saw me right over it and its not available now anyway as they pulled it from sale.

Hi mate can I ask what size bar do you run thanks Jon

13" sugi solid pro lightweight for early thinnings,

16" powermatch balanced really nicely for most jobs

18" sugi solid pro lightweight for bigger timber or when I couldn't be bothered to bend over as much snedding

it was also fitted with an 8pin drive sprocket from new and I can honestly say it never lacked power

13" sugi solid pro lightweight for early thinnings,

16" powermatch balanced really nicely for most jobs

18" sugi solid pro lightweight for bigger timber or when I couldn't be bothered to bend over as much snedding

it was also fitted with an 8pin drive sprocket from new and I can honestly say it never lacked power

Hi mate ok put this way has it been on 18" most of it life do you think saw will lasted longer on a 13)15" bar just easier life on engine thanks Jon