Got sent these pics today

Ackworth Arborists

Hi everyone just thought i would put these on. Got emailed them today from a friend who looks after some woodland that is used for horse trials etc. The trees in question are beech and some line the trial paths he is concerned so sent these pictures of what he found. Any input is gratefully received.

Tree 1 pics 1 & 2

Tree 2 pics 3 &4

Tree 3 pic 5

Many thanks

IMAG0591.jpg.4f1091baec3470b14919db618be35539.jpg

IMAG0588.jpg.4c2f1dd45c48e2d1fe427392a40d639d.jpg

IMAG0587.jpg.69beb9b9e95939f9e529b10eaca2a0c8.jpg

IMAG0594.jpg.ac3cb55e4a2fd688533e7d4a9570d5a7.jpg

IMAG0593.jpg.f0de71e0d3df06aa3b299ff994362e02.jpg

Damaged trees, decay and fungi are an integral aspect of a healthy woodland. How long do people actually stand within falling distance of the trees as they pass by, total of 1/2 hour, 1 hour a month? In stormy weather? Would the trees even make it down or get hung up on others? I see nothing of concern in the pictures.

Of course the only way to be sure is to see them up close though...

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Arbtalk mobile app

Hi Tony, just curious...how can you tell it's strip canker and not an old lightening strike?

Cheers...Phil

:laugh1:what no mention i missed the Pleurotus as well!

Just a hunch really, and the more likely scenario, its quite common to see stip cankers like this on semi to mature beech.

and strip canker translated can e seen as just a dead/dysfunctional vascular chanel, though it is usualy meant as a strip canker caused by drought and a group of sac fungi one of which I believe is called Hypoxlon nummularia, but that is probably miss spelt