How many metres3 of processed logs on an 8 wheeler

arboriculturist

34 m3

You did not have to think about that for 2 long - that is experience for you I expect! Arrives here, 3 bays on lorry, roundwood cut @ 2.8 metres.

It seems that there are differing views on the conversion ratio from roundwood to processed, but having had as much timber through your hands as you have, I won't argue.:biggrin:

34 m3

You mean 34m3 of loose logs? Not roundwood on the lorry - not in a million years! That's what you'd get on an artic or wagon and drag, never an 8 wheeler.

Someone's milkiing you good and proper if that's what they're telling you comes in on an 8 wheeler. Even if it was bone dry, you'd struggle to get more than 25m3 on a 8 wheeler with pins way up high...

Re OP Q&A; 2 m3 loads loose logs per tonne or m3 roundwood - ISH; some same more, some say less. So the 34 is bang on in that respect.

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

You did not have to think about that for 2 long - that is experience for you I expect! Arrives here, 3 bays on lorry, roundwood cut @ 2.8 metres.

It seems that there are differing views on the conversion ratio from roundwood to processed, but having had as much timber through your hands as you have, I won't argue.:biggrin:

as above x2 is a good guestimate.

Ref stacked roundwood, 0.55 is standard mate but stuff we're cutting at the moment is 0.6 as it's beautiful (sorry I'm keeping it all lol :laugh1:). Would have to be rolls royce to be done at softwoods 0.7...

That stuff up the road by SDCF I told you about is oak & ash, all small processor i.e. 3-6".

Edited by TimberCutterDartmoor

as above x2 is a good guestimate.

Ref stacked roundwood, 0.55 is standard mate but stuff we're cutting at the moment is 0.6 as it's beautiful (sorry I'm keeping it all lol :laugh1:). Would have to be rolls royce to be done at softwoods 0.7...

That stuff up the road by SDCF I told you about is oak & ash, all small processor i.e. 3-6".

3-6" fine if not like the tops of Japanese Larch! Looking forward to seeing on site.

• 1 year later...
You mean 34m3 of loose logs? Not roundwood on the lorry - not in a million years! That's what you'd get on an artic or wagon and drag, never an 8 wheeler.

Someone's milkiing you good and proper if that's what they're telling you comes in on an 8 wheeler. Even if it was bone dry, you'd struggle to get more than 25m3 on a 8 wheeler with pins way up high...

Re OP Q&A; 2 m3 loads loose logs per tonne or m3 roundwood - ISH; some same more, some say less. So the 34 is bang on in that respect.

Agree not seen an 8 wheeler that can carry 3 bays of 2.8 m un less it has a pup of atrailer behind with 1 bay on .Abbey cheer used one of these back in the early 90s.

Over my 20 years experiance mixed hardwood 1 tonne to 2 cubic metres loose logs.Cheers Chris.