Our christmas hols

Steve Bullman

I agree with you tockmal.

I don't like the government I voted for. But the idea that they are logistically capable of oppressing me is ridiculous.

I Imagine the Jews felt the same under the Weimar Republic.

If you really want a gun. Go buy one. What's stopping you?

Not afraid of the powers-that-be are you?

Er... Yes? ( and I assume you mean an illegaly purchased gun)

If a criminal is caught with an illegal weapon, whats he got to loose?

I, on the other hand, loose everything.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you really trust the government? Do you really believe that we live in a democracy? If you do you are naive...

Stupidity beats conspiracy ever time. What looks like organised evil is some blokes in an office f**king stuff up.

Reality is much more mundane that you hope for.

But hey I'm naive, I'm just a sheep. They've probably got satellite survellience on you right now. CIA is probably logging your keystrokes for the words president, bomb and jihad.

Sorry, i though we were talking life or death. Blood and guts. Him or me. Y'know real gun stuff.

Not "I'd quite like a gun to shoot burglars with but i'm not allowed, isn't it unfair, I think I'll write to the daily mail, its an outrage..." But ok.

;)

Sorry Tony, I'm not quite following you. I appreciate your patronizing tone, but dont quite get your point :hmmmm:

You're missing the point. Hitler and most of the other European dictators used gun control to remove the ability of the population to resist. Quite specifically he removed weapons from groups that he was to persecute, Stalin did the same etc. etc.

I'm not saying that everyone should be armed, but everyone should have the right to defend themselves in a way that leaves them the least possibility of being hurt. Perhaps more importantly, those who may want to attack you need to be made to think twice, how would you do this? Shout really loudly? Do me a favour!

As for using US crime statistics as reasoning for gun control; you need to go back and really examine them. Pull them apart, you will see a different story. Look beyond the headline figures, you're safer armed than not

This right of defence of "self" extends to family. Everyone I know would cheerfully put themselves in harm’s way to protect their children it is the most basic human instinct, after sex. And of course this drives authority figures and the societal nannies crazy. "Leave that to the police," they implore, "Don’t get involved." Bullshit. Where I and my family are concerned, safety is first and foremost my own responsibility, and why should I have to abrogate that responsibility to others. From where I stand, if a criminal tries to assault me and mine, the proper role of the police is to take my statement, and because I don’t know the number, to call for the ambulance to pick up the peices.

Do you really trust the government? Do you really believe that we live in a democracy? If you do you are naive, Our EU masters are who really run us and they don't like 'democracy' - remember the EU treaty votes. If you can't get the right result just keep going, lieing a little bit until you convince enough of the sheep to follow you and you will get your result. Wonder why they don't like democracy? It was democracy that allowed Hitler to come to power and thats why referendum are banned in Germany to this day.

Dagmar,

Yours is the classic flawed argument for gun ownership, you seriously sound like you've been brainwashed by the NRA or spent the last five years reading pro-gun blogs on the internet.

Its total crap, its like you want to live in a constant state of fear, fear of government, fear of people, fear of your neighbours and fear of community.

Your deluded fantasy that the government or EU is planning a quasi-fascist blitzkrieg is laughable and betrays all the symptoms of the classic gun freak - perpetually nervous, anxious, neurotic, paranoid and above all fearful of people.

Owning a gun is the goal in every misantropes life. Pro gun people have a common trait, a red thread which runs through their negative diatribes - they're always whining about central government, liberals, immigrants, ethnic minorities, the unemployed, gays, abortion. They hate and distrust people so much that they are willing to ruin any chance of living a reasonably peaceful and civilised existence by owning a gun. From my cold dead hands, right?

I'm so glad I dont live in 'your' world. Must be so bloody depressing.

Oh no point really, I just get a bit stroppy when it all goes cryptoparanoid. No personal offence intended. I just hear this stuff all the time, and it wears on me. Ooh have you heard what the EU / Red Ken / BBC / HSE / British Canoe Union want to do...

The world is run by business studies students not bond villians.

Have guns if it'll make you feel safer. Makes no difference to me or mine. We're safe already.