strange 372 problem

forest tink

when i am using the saw it runs fine etc but when i put it down on its side it doesn't tick over the same as it does when its sitting upright,i.e after putting part of the back cut in the tree,i chap in the wedge,cut some more,chap some more,the tree starts to go,i pull the saw out and it cuts out as if it needs more tick over,i have tried resetting it several times thinking its cured but then it starts again,i have noticed its not as bad when its cold,its really starting to annoy me now lol,any ideas ?,saws only 4 month old too

Sounds almost like a dodgy crank seal but seems strange if the saws is only 4 months old. So its the x-torq model?

Certainly sounds like an airleak unless its something down the lines of the filter/fuel line in the fuel tank isn't quite in the right place and sucking air in with the fuel. Make sure when its on its side that the filter is fully submerged in fuel.

It could be carb related but again 4 months old its unlikely.

If it's 4 months old and the fuel tank has more than a puddle in it when you are doing this - IE it is easily reproducible, you need to take her to a dealer for inspection under warranty.

Can you get us a video?

Forgot to add, on a new saw, sometimes the L screw setting can have that effect. Make sure the idle and L screw are adjusted well. Set the idle to where it's healthy, but not moving the chain, then turn the L screw open until it starts to stall, then back off 1/4 turn and blip the throttle to make sure it's responsive(a rich L screw can have the effect you are describing). Make sure the saw is still happy with the throttle, then go cut and see how she does. Make sure the H screw isn't too lean as well.

Edited by wyk

Forgot to add, on a new saw, sometimes the L screw setting can have that effect. Make sure the idle and L screw are adjusted well. Set the idle to where it's healthy, but not moving the chain, then turn the L screw open until it starts to stall, then back off 1/4 turn and blip the throttle to make sure it's responsive(a rich L screw can have the effect you are describing). Make sure the saw is still happy with the throttle, then go cut and see how she does. Make sure the H screw isn't too lean as well.

Pretty much my thinking as well Wes, unlikely to have bad seals or pipes at this age!

thanks for the replies guys,will do a bit of tinkering today,the saw is great apart from that,i got a little unlucky when I got the saw,it had the faulty worm drive that was too tight to the crank,(Husqvarna actually admitted it had a few problems with this on the xtorq models),hence being a nightmare to start,the air boot that goes onto the cylinder head was not tightened properly and drew air a little,could never get the right tuning at that point and even the little xp sticker on the lid was squint lol,never liked that from the off,bad omen and everything lol