Reasons why you love working for yourself

simonm

Flippin 'eck Varty, I must be doing something wrong cos I've got no freedom at all!

I'm a complete slave to my business. It never goes away, I'm always worrying, it demands all my time.

I still prefer it to being employed though.

Then I get home and I'm a flipping slave there too!

:lol::lol:

Hahahah my thoughts too

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Worked on the books for 7-8 years will never go back! Like my freedom too much now , not just that I see it pointless building someone else's empire whilst I can build one for myself for a better start for my kids in there life!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• 4 weeks later...

Oh gawd, this thread has run aground again!

A little hung over this morning so phoned the client and suggested a ten thirty start. This, as it turned out suited them perfectly. Side note: First weekend of June is a public holiday here. it takes the form of Queens Birthday Weekend and everyone has Monday off or is paid time and a half or in some cases, double time. As for me, its at my usual charge-out rate which is just fine by me. Clients were moving stock so called in on someone else who had called me about some macrocarpers that had been shedding branches in recent high winds and wanted a quote. They were also moving sheep about. this is New Zealand after all but had time to show me what they wanted done. Continued to original the destination and on arrival was handed a cake tin of freshly baked muffins. It's coming onto winter here so the light frost had long dissipated and the sun was still warming as I climbed and rigged a eucalyptus within the fall zone of the 11Kva line. pinged the top out and de-limbed on the way down clearing hang-ups as i went. Set up a cable and winch. recovered my zip line and and rat-tails, patted the dog who was pleased to see me on the ground again and went home. I'll scarf, back-cut and winch it over later in the week when I'm in the area looking at another job. My point, after all that,is this, No one was standing over me asking me why I was late nor was anybody questioning why I was sitting in the top taking in the view for quarter of an hour (I will never be there again or anyone else for that matter) and no questions as to why I didn't get it on the ground before going home.

I make those decisions and I stand by them.There are times when I switch the meter off, like when i,m absorbing the view or playing with the dog. At the end of the day, it's all down to me and why I work for myself. That includes selection of work, safety, dogs, muffins and so many other things that go to make up my day.