Lockjack clutch lifespan

sam walton

Bang on Sherlock :D

I thought you were a blakes hitch guy till you die!!! I was going to get an art positioner but got a bit put off with the way the clutches go on all their devices.

Titanium would be good, or diamond!

Blake's hitch haha, the dark ages passed a long time ago.

They don't make em how they used to ey :)

I'll buy it off you! How much?

Some tips, On take downs I never use a cambium saver, the extra friction takes the load off the clutch.

I never work in the rain unless it's absolutely necessary, hence my ropes never get wet or dirty.

I used to carry a right handed leather glove for descending to take some of the friction and never descend like your about to storm the Iranian embassy, there's no need for it.

A nice slow controlled descent and you can take a lot of the friction on the glove or even take an old round crab up and put it in line and use like a figure of 8 If you want to be a storm trooper

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Arbtalk mobile app

Some tips, On take downs I never use a cambium saver, the extra friction takes the load off the clutch.

I never work in the rain unless it's absolutely necessary, hence my ropes never get wet or dirty.

I used to carry a right handed leather glove for descending to take some of the friction and never descend like your about to storm the Iranian embassy, there's no need for it.

A nice slow controlled descent and you can take a lot of the friction on the glove or even take an old round crab up and put it in line and use like a figure of 8 If you want to be a storm trooper

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Arbtalk mobile app

Thanks for the tips, but I'm not working in the rain (I'm in oz not Halifax, this year anyway).

Keep my rope clean, always in a rope bag.

Always slow descents, use figure of 8 when possible and use two fingers on the rope to take some friction (don't bother with the wooden thing, it came off years ago)

I do however always use a rope saver even on take downs and think that takes it's toll on the cams.

Anyway I'm not too fused about having to replace them, I think it's a fantastic piece of kit and if it costs me 50p a day to have it working at it's best then so be it.

Thanks anyway guys