Midlands Get Together…

John Hancock

John, Up for the 'Picnic in the park' Family orientated do, Haven't climbed in a while don't think they do harnesses for hippos:001_smile:. Do you have a rough date in mind. The wife and kids should enjoy it (Different enviroment):001_smile:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, Up for the 'Picnic in the park' Family orientated do, Haven't climbed in a while don't think they do harnesses for hippos:001_smile:. Do you have a rough date in mind. The wife and kids should enjoy it (Different enviroment):001_smile:

Progress is being made, permission granted (even looks like we’ll get permission for ‘stand alone BBQ’!). All we need to sort out is dates and days, i.e. Saturday or a Sunday.

How soon would you like to meet? Before the AA show or after? I can probably get organised at fairly short notice…….just let me know.:001_smile:

A saturday would be preferred but I'm quite flexible, the only saturdays im busy are 30th of this month and the 27th of next month at the moment. Is there a bbq fund?? Might be able to get an easy up gazzebo thingy (not sure what size it is tho). Can also supply a few bags of home made charcoal too if you want??. Let me know if i can help in anyway:001_smile:

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
I'm cool with anyday Sat or Sun, be good now the nice weather appears to be here.

Not sure I'm going to bother bringing climbing gear, just chill with a bar b, a beer and my girls will suit just fine!!

I'll have two sets of gear on site anyway - Just done a guided tour of the park today - its looking lovely! :thumbup1:

How about we meet after the AA show as i can then try out all the new shiny bits i bought at the show and also there could be somebody to show me how the new must have piece of kit that i shall no doubt be conned into buying works!!!!

We could have a comp to see how far you can zip line your wife/partner!!!!!

I truthfully have no preference to a date and before or after the show is great for me, how about we say Sat the 20th June, then at least we recognise each other at the show?