020t rotor wont turn

stonerfan

I just thought of something.

Is the rotator/magneto located onto the spline of the shaft?

If not this could be the reason it worked for a while, if it's not located properly it will move, make a noise and then won't start or run.

Thought that was an 020av. Not the 020t. They have the coil and flywheel. No points on these ones.

Unless of course the could is too close to the flywheel and hitting the magnets.

Take a close look, remove the plug and turn the flywheel around to ensure it's got good clearence and isn't hitting anything in the way round.

Don't worry about damaging the piston or pot any more. If that's broken the damage has been done.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In one way I hope your right Ritch as he would be obliged to supply and fit another barrel and piston as Ive only used it for a day or so since getting it back.

I know they werent genuine Stihl parts but was assured the pattern stuff were as good as.

Will take it back tomorrow and see what transpires.

Thanks for your input lads.

No the 020t has a slot on the crankshaft.

Ahhh the woodruff key.

Yes this needs to be located into the key on the flywheel. If this has broken it can mess with the timing of the saw but not sure it would stop it turning. Unless the remainder of the key is stuck in a certain position.

In one way I hope your right Ritch as he would be obliged to supply and fit another barrel and piston as Ive only used it for a day or so since getting it back.

I know they werent genuine Stihl parts but was assured the pattern stuff were as good as.

Will take it back tomorrow and see what transpires.

Thanks for your input lads.

Ohhhh. None genuine cheap chinese stuff if rubbish. If he has used a more expensive stuff then it should be ok. There is more than enough info on the bench thread about cheap pistons and there rings. I've learnt the hard way before.....:blushing:

The rotor is sitting on the key shaft as it should.

Its not the rotor as the cranshaft still jams with the rotor removed. It can be heard banging against something when turned. Whatever it is its a full stop clockwise or anti clockwise.

Ive only looked at the piston through the plughole and doesnt look damaged.

I reckon Ritch could be right. The circlip has come out and maybe the pin.

Will be up to what the saw is worth if I have to pay out again!