X-Rings

August Hunicke

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the idea that you can put a block in one side of the red 1 in the picture and then retrieve it like a cambium saver from the ground so if you are using a 2nd tree for a 2nd control line you don't have to reclimb to remove it.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

Scots and Gray Grit, thanks for the pictures!

That's amazing, I never new that tree guys used something like that.

When I was first promoting these, a guy in Pennsylvania, USA said that many years ago he used two 5/8" shackles welded together for increased width. Used them for years of redirects and negative blocking. Even wore grooves in them over the years. They were very heavy, but cheaper than blocks and gave him some friction. Anyway, he got some X-Rigging Ring slings and loves them. For the first year he kept texted me stuff like, "these rings are so strong, I can't seem to do any damage to them!". "where did you find this amazing transformer metal! what the hell are they ".

Very interesting to see these large steel thimbles, thanks!

In our break testing, we discovered that for negative rigging, multiple rings should be used, depending on the weight involved and what size ring using and what size rope. So, you will see some of our sling configurations with multiple rings or see our tutorial videos on how to add rings. (caution, this is not our typical action video, it is an information video and therefor slow and long) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBBGa_MDa9I]INTRO X-RIGGING RINGS video part ONE - YouTube[/ame]

Also, Tom Hoffmann on youtube has done a great job showing these rings and how to make some great combinations.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh_pHkVxkro&list=PLUlSYuIlSMrQXbiVU90EorPih0u1zv0Fd]The XRR BEAST gets loose! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiN8XwwcglE]XRR Beast Rigging Whoopie - YouTube[/ame]

Cool, is there more than one ring on some strops? Could you set it up like a ropeguide/pulley saver so its retrievable? If you could that would be fantastic

you got it.

I just noticed that treestuff is supporting this site, I see the advertisement on the right of this screen, so I guess I should mention them, you can see our past sling designs there. just use the search words "x-rigging rings" on their webpage search.

I have a blog website that shows our past slings, but I'm not advertising on arbtalk yet and I don't want to be rude to the other advertisers.

but I will show you XRR sling pictures from work to further your understanding of different applications and uses. I went through my files tonight and picked a bunch out. will start posting here if you want to see them in actual use. Most of my stuff is in video form, but luckily, now and then someone snaps a still picture. I will post embedded pictures from our jobs.

I like the idea that you can put a block in one side of the red 1 in the picture and then retrieve it like a cambium saver from the ground so if you are using a 2nd tree for a 2nd control line you don't have to reclimb to remove it.

sent while pretending to do something important on my mobile.

you are correct :thumbup1:

and you are also using the sling in basket form, doubling it's capacity.