I have got a mobile 1998 palax combi 600 ,with a honda gx390 engine on it ,or can be used on p.t.o ,i bought it in 2006 and it is still going strong ,if you look after your machine it will look after you, and last you years ,give caladonian forestry a ring and ask for jim or tom they will do a good deal on a secound hand machine if they have any in stock ,good luck

I have run a Japa 700 for 6 years it was second hand when I had it,Previous owner used it for 4 years and it was not new for him !!

I have put approx 2500 ton through this machine with only a few sets of belts and a couple of bearings,

I bought a new tipped blade £120 delivered to the door so we have a spare we can put around 300 ton through before changing an the worst thing we hit removed 17 tips to re tip and sharpen cost less that £40

It has been a very good machine and the back up from Fuelwood is excellent

+1

log tray tends to bend. A

I reckon that's the newer ones built with recycled steel. My old 700 is unbendable!

Hi,

Advice needed for a second hand firewood processor...

make, chain or blade etc etc...

Also what sort of price for age condition etc

many thanks

Like many on here the palax is reasonably priced and been developed over the years it is simple quick and produces exelent logs started with one in 1995 and still with them.Would only consider a saw blade one no oil no chain to sharpen or bars and sprockets.Will cut 500 ton of clean wood before a sharpen.Have my blades collected sharpened set and returnd for £25 can t go wrong for that.

Jim and co at caledonian have looked after me well.

Go on get one if you do not get on with it there is always a good market

for them.

Cheers Chris.