Trees on a banking presenting a hazzard

countrryboy

Alright folks

Now i realise it will be quite hard to answer with out the full picture.

But basically there is a steepish banking immediately behind a house/office that is on a plot i am buying.

This banking contains possibly 20ish trees (not really big mibee 18-24" girth's at base, cyprees and sycamore prob 30ish year old) some are mildly leaning over the house an other is partially blown and limbs resting on roof (no damage)

I will need to take a few down to create some room and 4-6 i would say are a danger to the property. As banking/rooting is not the best/most stable.

The planning has lasped at the minute but i will be reapplying.

To my mind i would be better fellling the whole banking it's only 20 trees (out of an 8 acres site of hardwoods) and am wary of taking some and leaving others as they will not be as wind resistant as the ones i'm taking down and don't want to shift the problem eslewhere

I can top/pollard some of the other trees to make them a bit more stable and less top heavy.

Basically i'm asking are u allowed to be protect ur property and fell any trees that i think may be a problem.

Happy to replant with more suitable species ie thorns/shrubby type trees and will be planting plenty of extra trees about the site to improve the habitat, but i know planners can be funny about u felling to many trees and don't want to jepordise any future planning

Cheers for any advice and hope that makes sense

If the trees are yours and not covered by TPO or within a Conservation Area you can do as you please. If you feel that taking trees down will invite neighborly objections then let them know why.

Also beware that you may need a felling licence. All info is on the FC website for that.

Look up nuisance - you have to be able to quantify this. Is it because they are a perceived threat or are they really a threat. Foreseeable nuisance to who and what is the question?

Get an arb survey from a qualified consultant may be a way forward?

Signs of root-rock, landslip etc are good signs but gut feelings don't usually stand up to much.

Not being obstructive just making you aware of the hazards of 'felling'.

Therer is already 1 tree resting on top of the roof, luckily a large overhanging limb has stopped the tree before it heaved too much and the trunk came down. If these other trees came down they would be doing some damage, not a chance i'm willing to take

I will top/pollard some of the trees further back but they pobably would be better of down anyway.

Will take photos but doubt they would not be over 5 cube in weight anyway.

My mate is tree surveyor so i might get him up some time but i know he's working flat out and long hours the now so don't want to bother him too much

Cheers for the advice