What to do in this situation??

haforbes

I've posted this on the end of an old thread in the large machinery section but it was suggested I start a new one on here to get some more advice.

I'm having a total nightmare with the company I bought a digger grapple from!

I bought the grapple back in November and after fitting it had some trouble with the arm on the grapple hitting the end of the dipper, probably due to my quick hitch. Then somehow ended up bending the one of the tines on the grapple so I contacted the company I got it from and they said to send it back and they would repair it and make a new curved arm that wouldn't catch the end of the dipper. After waiting 2 months it finally came back and they haven't repaired the grapple and all they've done is weld a longer piece of straight tube steel as the arm (the didn't even paint it!) they also didn't send the pins back out! So I rang them up again, after being accused of not sending the pins back I was told I would get the pins and a new extended pad to stop the arm hitting the dipper arm. 2 weeks have gone by and not heard anything, I've tried ringing every day for a week and the guy won't answer his phone :sneaky2: I've also sent numerous txt messages and had no response, I wasn't even rude, just polite reminders but my patience has worn very thin now.

When I did speak to the guy a few weeks ago he was also telling me that I was probably loosing up to 30% of the power due to the large offset caused by the quick hitch. But he also said they didn't fix the grapple because it was my fault for picking up something that he claimed only put pressure on 1 tine of the grapple.....which to me makes it even worse that I managed to bend it.

What can I do in a situation like this?? very very frustrating as I haven't been able to use the grapple for nearly 3 months. I've not been in a situation like this before so I'm a bit stuck:thumbdown: