Kwikchip rollers

Able Fella

We have a kwikchip woodchipper, lately the rollers haven't been working as they should, when machine first started they barely move at all but after leaving the chipper running on full revs they gradually improve (after approx 10mins) have checked hydralic fluid and changed the filter, both seem fine. Any help is appreciated

PS - is there a way of getting an edge on the rollers without removing them?

Thanks again

The hydraulic Drive Motor is belt driven check the belt and tension. You can sharpen the rollers using an angle grinder with a sanding disc fitted. It is not the easiest job doing it insitue. The time taken faffing trying to do this is best spent taking the rollers out and doing it properly.

Have you changed the hydraulic oil or topped it up with another thicker grade?

I put UTO in my kwikchip once thinking it works in the tractor hydraulics it must work in this. It didn't feed rollers hardly went round after a long warm up there wsa some movement.

If its just come on its belt tension. Had that problem too.

Have you changed the hydraulic oil or topped it up with another thicker grade?

I put UTO in my kwikchip once thinking it works in the tractor hydraulics it must work in this. It didn't feed rollers hardly went round after a long warm up there wsa some movement.

If its just come on its belt tension. Had that problem too.

Yes we did top up the oil, for a while this seemed to improve things, I do think its oil related due to the rollers working ok when engine warm, could you recommend a suitable oil? I will also check belts, many thanks for you help