Finally sorted :D !

DannyCane

Always remember there is always someone willing to do the job cheaper and the customer knows that so when you price up a job be on time, look smart and make sure your quote is fair. I was happy to break even on the first job if it meant I could cut the customers grass every 2 weeks for 8 months and this is what you have to bare in mind. Plough as much back into your business as you can in the first year on advertising and equipment, one decent mower is better than 6 cheap unreliable mowers. Remember the 3 year business rule, year 1 you feed it, year 2 it feeds itself and year 3 it feeds you. I used to charge a set price which included the first hour, there's nothing worse than charging someone less than what it costs to get to the job and the wear and tear on your tools just to do the job. Saying that I only really used to concentrate on commercial stuff like factories and holiday lets etc. Keep all your equipment in good nick and service it regularly.

And good luck :thumbup: