Future Machinery

Dnolan9

Hi

I'm currently doing an investigation project as part of my coursework in college. This project is looking at machinery in the aboriculture industry and the newer technologies getting put into chainsaws and such today.So as part of the project I have decided to try and get some opinions from arborists around the country/world to establish the opinions of the newer machinery that is coming into the industry as well as how you think future machinery will be performance wise. I have come up with a few questions that I think will give me the necessary opinions of arborists who work with this machinery for a living:001_smile:

Is the machinery that is under the new EU regulations regarding exhaust emissions matching up to the standard of machinery that was used before the regulation came in i.e. 200T vs 201T

Do you think the newer models are improving the standard of work in the arboriculture industry or is it staying the same?

What impact do you think future technologies will have on the standard of machinery being produced ?

As eco machinery creeps into the arboriculture industry do you think this will have a positive or negative impact on the industry ?

if you had the choice of a brand new ms460 or a brand new ms461 which would you choose?

i know some of the questions on here are a little bit bland and some are difficult to answer but i would really appreciate if you were to share your opinion on this even if it means answering a single question as id rather ask professionals about it rather than the people in my class who wouldn't really have enough experience to comment correctly on the machinery.:thumbup:

Thanks Darragh

From the Stihl side:

2-mix is a a brilliant new technology. Genuine savings on fuel and very reliable.

M-tronic on my FS460 clearing saws has not put a foot wrong.

That said, I buy new and trade in relatively often. Not an option for many, just as it's not an option for my vehicles, hence I buy old vehicles I can fix myself!