Winch Wanted

fen01

Hi all,

Need a smallish (3 - 4.5 T) forestry winch. I know I've missed 4 on eBay within the last month:banghead: and they were within my limited budget. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice (or even have one for sale)?

It won't get a massive amount of work, but I need one for a forthcoming job and it be handy to keep in the shed. Oh, it will be used on my 35x

Cheers in advance.

Mark

If youve missed some on ebay which were within your budget....

Did you bid on them? or does miss mean not see them till too late.

I've give up trying to swoop at the last minute now.

I just place a bid of what I would go up to and don't watch it.

Just wait for auction to end and see how it goes.

Bit of both to be honest, the most annoying was only 10 miles away and it finished early. I was going to email him and make an offer, but that really annoys me so I thought I won't hassle the seller :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Fen I'm down in the new forest and one of the old farmer boys has a fransguard 3.5t winch in his barn never seen it move,

Could ask him if he wants to sell it...............if not to far to travel to get it,

Not promising he will but worth a shot if your interested I will ask???:thumbup1:

Cheers Matty

o.k. will do might see his son tomorrow so will ask him, may take a week or so for him to get back to me....................He's not the fastest on these sort of things. will PM you either way and if he does want to sell it I will take a good look at it first so no wasted trip on your part.

I own one and they are a good winch run mine on my ford 4000, did bearings and cable on mine, but not expensive or difficult.

anyway will let you know.

Cheers Matty:thumbup1:

About a 1k, bit less if possible. Although I like the sound of Jon's 5.5 Igland, but it's all about the money and the return :thumbdown:

HI MARK if have lots of timber to get out then my winch be good hard wood rate at road side £40/50 ton so you do not need much timber to get your money:thumbup1: back thanks jon :thumbup:

Hi Jon, I get what your saying, but I don't have that much work to justify your winch hence my budget cap. However, if you want to drop your price I'll be over the river as fast as my landy will get there:):) Otherwise yours sounds just the job, but it all comes down to money:rolleyes:

Have you fitted that H14 yet?

Cheers mate, Mark

Edited by fen01