Tanaka TCS3301S help tune / more power

littlerob

i have got a Tanaka TCS3301S had it for about 7 months but never used it into now its a new saw just got it out the box seems to be under powered compared to my echo cs330t the new tanaka don't seem to pick up its revs so quick like its only getting half its revs to me it needs adjusting on the H on the carb removed to cover for the adjusting screws to see they have no slot for a screw driver are these caps for is it a preset/ none adjusting if not i might see if someone could port it like i siad its meant to be very close on spec wise to my echo cs330t but my 7 year old echo just have more grunt and a clearer rev compared to the Tanaka TCS3301S

The Tanaka performs well usually. One of my customers now has two and rates them above his previous Ms200T's.

So maybe yours does need a bit of tweaking, but to be fair the dealer should have done that before handing over the saw.

As I recall, the screws have an external flat (or splines) and require the proper tool.

the saw was a US import worked out half price the adjusting screws just look like round spline pins would like to give it a little advance up the anti vib is super smooth though but im going to carry on using the echo and leave it for a back up if i can get it tuned up

Rob get it to spud mate he will sort it out I will take u 35ish mins to get to him mate I don't bother with dealers anymore just give all my stuff to him

He has never failed to sort anything of mine out when I get stuck

Pm

Spudulike on here or give me a call see if iv got any stuff to get to him :lol:

Thanks Martin, it sounds like the saw is very low hours, that will mean it may not be fully run in yet and the rough surface of the bore will cause friction plus compression will be a little down.

My own experience of these smaller engine saws is that the L screw takes a fair bit of time to get spot on. Too rich or lean and it will bog in the mid range and become bad to use.

Being a new saw, it may well be set a tad lean on the L screw just to meet the US EPA figures, you may find opening up the L screw (counter clockwise) 1/8th turn may restore the low speed torque.

You can buy the splined adjuster for a tenner or another novel way is to fit a spade crimp connector on the end of a flat blade screwdriver and push this in to the adjuster and it should effect an adjustment.

I wouldn.t try to modify anything without putting some hours on it as Tanaka kit is generally well made and should work OK.

It is possible an exhaust modification may help in time but try tweaking the carb before getting silly with it.

I ended up making adjustments and test cuts with a small Tanaka I had a while ago and found a sweet spot....eventually:thumbup:

Rob get it to spud mate he will sort it out I will take u 35ish mins to get to him mate I don't bother with dealers anymore just give all my stuff to him

He has never failed to sort anything of mine out when I get stuck

Pm

Spudulike on here or give me a call see if iv got any stuff to get to him :lol:

thanks martin i will try and get a couple of tanks trough it first and if still not to my liking it will end up at spudulike for some work i thinks it may adjust on the carburetor to be ok if i find something to fit the round pins the echo was a us import but was spot on from new

• 2 months later...

right have been using the tanaka for at lest two days for the past 2 months still haven't seem to got any power behind it and seems slow in the cut and bogs down in stuff no more than 5inch its rather annoying its got to be looked at or modified some way