th7000 harness

Lee Greenacre

Hey all just wondering if anyone knows much about the th7000 harness and what people think of it?

got the TH5000 which is the same but with leg loops and not seat strap. leg straps and waist strap slide and become loose when in use. so harness can slide down hips a bit when saws hanging from it. i find the D rings are attached too far forward on the sides so when your using a flip line it squeezes your back and after a while makes it ache. i used to use a weaver which is a lot more rigid and to be honest i wish i'd bought another one. The Th is ok for lighter work, small reductions with a silky in my opinion. I would definitely try one on before you buy as i wish i had (bought mine online).

Edited by Ropechucka
error

Guest Robin@Arbortec
recognize it..

if u look on honey bros its treehog but on fr jones its arbortec th7000.

seems a bit odd to me. is a third party making them or is one brand selling to another.

my opinion mate.

could be wrong

The correct designation is that it's a Treehog harness. (That's what the TH stands for!)

Treehog is a range of products that was designed, made and is owned by Arbortec. It's a cost-effective brand primarily aimed at contractors and homeowners, where the Arbortec ranges are designed to meet the more specific needs of Arborists and other forestry workers.

It's not a third party making them or one brand selling to another – but I can see how the confusion might crept in though, especially as parts of the Treehog range have become popular in their own right.

The fact that some distributors have mixed up the two means I've picked up a nice new task for Monday morning!

Have a great weekend!