Sv150 engine very hard to turn over with recoil

mikerecike

Firstly bear in mind I know cock all about these type of mowers. Having saying that, I did have one that had a shattered bearing on the disk that carried the blade meaning the blade was engaged all the time.

As Rich says - try spinning the blade and see if it is permanently engaged to the engine.

If the thing is self propelled then it may be that the lever that disengages the rear wheel drive has got damaged and drive is on all the time.

That's me out of suggestions - I do old cylinder mowers - much more genteel:lol:

That was second port of call spud after regapping coil /flywheel (wasnt stuck or loose) and checking brake (fine). Disengaged the self propel belt - had same thought as you - that it might be dragging. Fully exposed still had to wrestle it round at which point it was clear that crankshaft was banana'd. Cheers very much folks for all the systematic ideas. Was good to open it up for a shufty -its a briggs classic clone engine with a honda clone carb but all feeling like its made to absolute minimum possible spec. Ive got a spare briggs with a self propelled blade adaptor to drop into the deck.cheers again.

1389128265800.jpg.38d5e393931d6a49c3c0027505ece25f.jpg

1389128247620.jpg.e0c0395877fd6f6fa0e0bbfb069fdc85.jpg