marbar ascenders

coolie

dannyT Yes,you guessed it.At the moment I just release the cams on one end of the rope and then lower back to the ground. Or if Im going to work off my short rope I get onto that and leave the marbars on the long rope.When its time to descend I take the lower marbar off and clip it onto my harness,attach the sling from the upper marbar to my D,attach to an 8, hold the cams open with two fingers and descend on it,this is all double rope. I also really like the fact that you can disassemble the marbars and then you have 4 ascenders to use for srt of your choice.I personally like to try different things,I was using Ddrt today, a distel and micro pulley,medium size well branched trees.

coolie,Do you back up the marbars and also the ultrascenders when your srt.

The marbars are still relatively new to me.I have played with a croll and also an ASAP as backups on the fixed leg of the rope and also with seperate friction hicthes above the upper ascender on both legs of the rope.I just bought a pair of new Kongs on trademe today for $60.If I was to double them and run them up the top of the doubled rope when using the marbars,instead of tying off one leg with an alpine butterfly, then surely I would be safe as houses.I still havent worked out how to do a retrieveable double alpine butterfly yet,I think you need a biner in there somewhere.But Im still enjoying trying different things and I dont think that is ever gonna change.As for srt,I have been tuning a ropewalker system that uses a bungy to footloop and a pantine for the other foot(common I think) and I always back up srt ascenders.How about you,how are you backing up.?

.How about you,how are you backing up.?

I thaught that if your rope was locked with a butterfly,that the lower marsbars backed up the upper.What will be the chances of both of them uncamming at once?.I dont do srt yet.Im still using a blakes hitch with a micro pulley and a single eye tail,Im going to try a VT soon,Terry has just got his going well,I use the marsbars instead of footlocking.Do you use a VT???

Do you use a VT???

Yes,French Prussics/VT,s are the way to go when you want to hand over hand climb or if your groundie is tending your slack when for example spiking.VT,s are great for rigging,Im sure Mike will be using them all the time.Im not a good person to ask about systems because I change all the time,Im using a michaoen at the moment and I havent settled for just one setup yet.Im betting these Southerly,s are going to create a bit of work.

• 2 weeks later...

asap_fall_clearances.jpg.baaa2ca5ffd1b054ac01b471c06d98c9.jpg

What is an ASAP??:confused1:

Sorry for taking so long to answer,this is a pic I found on the Sherrill site.ASAP,s are not designed for treework and I am not recommending their use,I was just experimenting.cheers