Skills funding agency

onebdi

Hi, I am trying to find a training provider who is affiliated to the Skills Funding Agency. My certificates are over 25 years old and as redundancy (from a completely different line of work), has given me the opportunity to start again, I need to renew all my training. There appears to be very little funding available (according to my local job centre; there is none) and any ideas would be much appreciated.

ye sign on for a 4-8 week period then start asking about funding for education to become more employable just tell them that your skills are out of date and need to be refreshed and update in order for you to gain employment they want to get you off their books asap so i you tell them you need re training in order to do that then they will do owt to get you what you want good look need any more help then pm me and ill try n help you out

I know a guy in the south of Powys, who was told caragorically by his local 'Job Centre', that he could not get funding to train in arbor culture, unless he had a firm job offer. At which point he could sign-off and his problems would be nothing to do with them.

He took to jobbing-gardening to pay for his training. All of which had nothing to do with his local 'Job Centre'.

Edited by TGB

I had a really positive chat with a very nice lass at the job centre today. She says that there should be no reason why I cannot have funding provided that I have a letter offering me work, either employed or self-employed, from a registered business. She explained that the more qualifications needed, the better the funding, so I may well be able to get way more training than I had hoped for. Apparently, there is a very sensible system coming into play, whereby funding is intended to not just to make people employable, but also to enable training to such a level as to raise them above minimum wage. I think this only applies to older people, like me, who are starting new careers, after redundancy or sickness. It's bloody good news for me and I'm a lot more confident about having gone into tree work.