Channel Trailer

RC0

Thanks guys, glad it made yous smile..... Easy to forget that theres way worse jobs to be in than treework. Yet it sometimes its only when you take a step back, or watch someone on youtube even, and think, yeah thats pretty cool....I do that job.

Sawteeth, yes its a helmet camera. Drift HD.

Nice video Reg. Loved Australia, but same thing. Full of aussies!! At least they have some humour.

I got on good working with the Aussies, be it a long time ago. They were loud, vulgar, and brutally honest.

The constant competitiveness got a little trying.... but above everything else good and bad, your hand shake was like taking an oath. It couldn't be bought, or sold :thumbup1:

Treequip. no I never worked in Germany mate. Couple of opportunities came and went, and so I missed out

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys, glad it made yous smile..... Easy to forget that theres way worse jobs to be in than treework. Yet it sometimes its only when you take a step back, or watch someone on youtube even, and think, yeah thats pretty cool....I do that job.

Sawteeth, yes its a helmet camera. Drift HD.

I got on good working with the Aussies, be it a long time ago. They were loud, vulgar, and brutally honest.

The constant competitiveness got a little trying.... but above everything else good and bad, your hand shake was like taking an oath. It couldn't be bought, or sold :thumbup1:

Treequip. no I never worked in Germany mate. Couple of opportunities came and went, and so I missed out

Spot on Reg. Fair go and all that. Do you find Canada harder work than you found Australia then? I am thinking of having a go at working your side of the pond for a bit but now I'm not so sure.

Spot on Reg. Fair go and all that. Do you find Canada harder work than you found Australia then? I am thinking of having a go at working your side of the pond for a bit but now I'm not so sure.

Well I'm way more experienced than I was back then, so its gonna be easier now regardless.

Apart from that its hard to say. Conifers v eucs....like oranges and apples.

Technically conifers are predominantly single stem so less complicated to deal with. Plus they generally have better holding wood. But with the same reasons, you tend to push your luck that bit further to the point where you're on a level playing field again.... its human nature.

I'd rather climb a dead euc than a dead fir any day.

I wouldn't be here if not to work on the west coast though. Central and eastern Canada wouldn't appeal to me at all.

Well I'm way more experienced than I was back then, so its gonna be easier now regardless.

Apart from that its hard to say. Conifers v eucs....like oranges and apples.

Technically conifers are predominantly single stem so less complicated to deal with. Plus they generally have better holding wood. But with the same reasons, you tend to push your luck that bit further to the point where you're on a level playing field again.... its human nature.

I'd rather climb a dead euc than a dead fir any day.

I wouldn't be here if not to work on the west coast though. Central and eastern Canada wouldn't appeal to me at all.

Thanks for the feedback Reg. Like you say oranges and apples. I didnt word that very well. I kind of meant do you find it harder work dealing with the people in canada than oz. Straight sticks do kind of appeal after twisty eucs. I would have to agree on rather doing dead eucs than dead firs based on some of the videos you have put up. I especially enjoyed the tutorial on topping dead firs. Food for thought.:thumbup1: I'll stop picking your brains now. Enjoy the break and happy new year:001_smile: It will certainly be west coast for me if/when I make it out.

Thanks for the feedback Reg. Like you say oranges and apples. I didnt word that very well. I kind of meant do you find it harder work dealing with the people in canada than oz.

Id rather deal with Australians, if Im honest....for the reason I said earlier. I mean, I work with some great lads here, but have also come across many more bad payers and liars than anywhere else.

As a contract climber the last thing you want is bad payers! I have enough trouble here sometimes! Thanks for the words of warning. Perhaps a year on the books with a company first to scope it out. Does look like enjoyable big work though. Long time fan of the videos. Thanks.

As a contract climber the last thing you want is bad payers! I have enough trouble here sometimes! Thanks for the words of warning. Perhaps a year on the books with a company first to scope it out. Does look like enjoyable big work though. Long time fan of the videos. Thanks.

I was referring to the clientele Ben. The tree lads are sound....never had a problem there. Cheers