3/16/4.8 files

predator

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is important to me, if I can save 1/3 of the filing strokes, which translates to an equivalent time saving, which is what the Save Edge files gives me. Have you ever tried Save Edge files, yourself?

Likely not, I have just used the files that Husky and Stihl sell here, but I have no idea who makes them! Both works quite well, if you keep them reasonably clean of shavings.

Anyway, a filing seldom takes more than 2-3 strokes, if you do it well before the chain gets really dull - as you should.

I got a box of vallorbe files and find they are faster than others I've tried. Have a box of Oregon too and they are still good but don't seem as aggressive.

End result is a sharp chain so I'm happy.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

HI ROB I LIKE vallorbe files i got my ones of ROB good but im told so are the save edge ones to thanks jon :thumbup:

Likely not, I have just used the files that Husky and Stihl sell here, but I have no idea who makes them! Both works quite well, if you keep them reasonably clean of shavings.

Anyway, a filing seldom takes more than 2-3 strokes, if you do it well before the chain gets really dull - as you should.

If you hit a stone, it saves you a lot of strokes. If you normally need 3 strokes, you only need 2 now. Still a saving.

You won't know what you are missing out on, unless you try SaveEdge files!

If you hit a stone, it saves you a lot of strokes. If you normally need 3 strokes, you only need 2 now. Still a saving.

You won't know what you are missing out on, unless you try SaveEdge files!

Of course, but I don't hit rocks very often - I try to avoid it! :biggrin:

The Husky files we get here actually are quite good - better than the Stihl ones - but I wouldn't mind trying SaveEdge at all, if they were easily availiable...