Which low vibration saw?

czhey

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your going to Capel I'll try and have one there for you to try.

:001_cool: Very kind offer!

I am, but will be helping out most the time, i was hoping to have decided on a saw and buy one at capel (will PM you)

I have been given details of someone local to me who may be able to let me try one :001_smile:

Hi there boys and girls, had a quick read through a few of the posts, i think it all depends on what chain and what kind of wood your cutting. All the saws need to meet regs, so there all pretty good, but on personal experience i had one of the first ms441's. Really smooth in the timber but didnt find it that comfortable, the rear handle was at an odd angle and the grip was a little thin plus it fell to bits when i chucked a 24" bar on it. As far as Husqies go, try and get hold of an american spec 346xpg. This saw is an animal for its size and weight. It keeps up with the 372 no problem!!! And i recently sold my 357xpg on ebay as i was never using it cause the little 346xp was out performing it. Husqie all the way for me, especially the american stuff. Plenty of boll**ks. I run a 15" bar on mine, never let me down. Best of luck with your search, go to a couple of dealers and pick up lots of different sized saws, check for balance, grip and weight, remember to stick the bar size that you'll be working with most of the time on to the saw so that you can get a true feel for it. At the end of the day its personal choice which saw to go for. But the small husqies will seriously out perform anything in its class. Keep cutting mateies, Petemate!

As far as Husqies go, try and get hold of an american spec 346xpg. This saw is an animal for its size and weight. It keeps up with the 372 no problem!!! And i recently sold my 357xpg on ebay as i was never using it cause the little 346xp was out performing it. Husqie all the way for me, especially the american stuff. Plenty of boll**ks.

the american huskies are the same as the euro huskies, except that some smaller models in the u.s often come standard with a cat muffler (and suffer performance wise) most u.s 346xp's come with the cat.

Oh well, all my saws come from a littel shop in oregon and none of them have cat's and all go like the clappers and the exhaust port is at the top on most and half as loud again as uk saws.

that explains alot... mufflers dont stay standard for long in the pacific north west, i'm assuming you get full wrap handles, big dawgs and high-top air filters as well :thumbup1: all sadly rarities in this neck of the woods

Hi there boys and girls, had a quick read through a few of the posts, i think it all depends on what chain and what kind of wood your cutting. All the saws need to meet regs, so there all pretty good, but on personal experience i had one of the first ms441's. Really smooth in the timber but didnt find it that comfortable, the rear handle was at an odd angle and the grip was a little thin plus it fell to bits when i chucked a 24" bar on it. As far as Husqies go, try and get hold of an american spec 346xpg. This saw is an animal for its size and weight. It keeps up with the 372 no problem!!! And i recently sold my 357xpg on ebay as i was never using it cause the little 346xp was out performing it. Husqie all the way for me, especially the american stuff. Plenty of boll**ks. I run a 15" bar on mine, never let me down. Best of luck with your search, go to a couple of dealers and pick up lots of different sized saws, check for balance, grip and weight, remember to stick the bar size that you'll be working with most of the time on to the saw so that you can get a true feel for it. At the end of the day its personal choice which saw to go for. But the small husqies will seriously out perform anything in its class. Keep cutting mateies, Petemate!

interesting thanks, but i don't think i'd go to the lengths of importing one from the US!

Thanks, Charlie

• 2 weeks later...