Build it in Great Britain!

TimberCutterDartmoor

Yes, I know there is a lot of absolute rubbish coming out of China, but it is a question of supply and demand. There is a demand for cheap kit in the Western world so the Chinese supply it.

But most of us form our opinions based on seeing statements like I have made above and then say "all chinese product is junk"

I was just as guilty until recently. One of my major brands is japanese, and earlier this year they launched a new model to replace the best seller that had been in production for the last 10yrs and needed updating to conform to emission regs.

I ordered a pallet full and when they arrived I saw 'made in PRC' on the boxes. I saw 'red' and tried to phone the supplier to send them back as I had no intention of selling the rubbish, but their phone was busy.

I calm down very quickly, so decided to open a box. I took the item (brushcutter) out and stripped it down for inspection and to be honest, I could not fault it. It was superior in many ways to the previous models. I have sold dozens since and they are perfect.

They are a case of 'Japanese engineered, assembled in China'. It keeps the cost down.

So I now keep an open mind on Chinese product and base my opinion on what I see rather than what others tell me.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I now keep an open mind on Chinese product and base my opinion on what I see rather than what others tell me.

That's what I've been doing for the past 6 or 7 years waiting and hoping for signs of improvement, no sign yet though.

Probably the weirdest case I've had was a low capacity supermoto brought to me to try and sort out which had Taiwan stamped on the side cases but on investigation was actually produced in China!! But again, the product was being promoted as being British and the eejit that owned it did indeed think he'd bought a British bike, so there was more than one group of people responsible for that particular abomination, not least the owner himself for being so stupid.

Doesn't say much when you have to go to those lengths to mislead people about where the wretched thing actually was produced though.

Edited by Amelanchier