Boughton Winch

hiluxstihl

I looked at a winch yesterday, it has an engage - disengage lever to the side and a brake lever to the front. the brake lever is seazed off and the engage lever isnt much better, a little movement but not free. the winch isnt dear so im wondering if its worth bringing back to life?? ive a 200o ford to fit it to

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks a bit like an older version of the one on my major......normally a code plate on side 7/nl something like that? looking at the pics it could be a 7 or 10 tonner.....either way will normally uproot most things. be careful can be costly repairs if gearbox is knackered. Good thing is looks like the back plate is ford fittings

yeah guy says fits ford 2000 or 3000 and a customer has a 2000 sitting in a shed a long long time with lift arm problems so it may be suitable! it spools freely, other than that what can i check, the engage lever possibly if i go to buy it, the brake is seized. he says it hasnt been used in 4 or 5 years

I had one of these, i bought with out seeing after I bought it and got it home I noticed where the pto spline goes in you could lift up and down so I took back plate off and the two bearings on the bottom and the seal were junk and the duplex chain wasn't much better, didn't cost to much to replace [local bearing factor] easy job, the one your looking at the back plate doesn't fit flush so maybe check for same problem, the brake shouldn't be too difficult to sort out.

thanks, i was putting the back plate ( beside the tractor mount ) being strained due to pulling as its not really that heavy... ill double check though, on the left hand side as looking from the back the round plate on the side of the winch doesnt look original, from google pics anyways