Fungi ID help please

Si Stevenson

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like there has also been groundwork at some point. Still, if the tree is vigorous enough (which willow generally is!) a fell seems a shame if the owners like the tree. A replacement would be a loooong time getting to that size. Surely worth initiating a pollard cycle?

What is the clients preference ? , it is in my opinion looking at the lean and the low value target area, low risk , that if they want to keep it , and personally I think I would, and as its not been managed as a pollard , then crown reduce , I wont tell you by how much for fear of been shot in the back of the head, i'm with sloth, any reduction will help to reduce the sail , which will also reduce the risk, what condition was the foliage in any signs of Anthracnose's is the bark sound around the stem ? this will conclude prognosis .

Should have also said Willow , as sloth says ,very vigorous, in the tree world its Mr Bolt, so looking at its vigor its possibly , just, keeping up with the rate of decay.

Edited by Jesse

Go look at the tree again, they will value you input, their is plenty of adaptive growth going on at the base, your time looking at the tree will teach you a lot, the word of mouth for advice will also in the long term serve you well, its not all about condemning every tree with a hole in it, evaluation and appreciation is every thing, far too many trees are felled prematurely, give your honest opinion, and not a monitory driven one, over time you will reap the rewards of you honesty. If I do condemn a tree I have considered everything.