Stihl MS290 problems

Aledafis

I didn't knock Stihl Rich, I recommended saws from each brand that the guys I know use for this type of work.

I have never said Stihl are rubbish either so no need to get all huffy on us dude - bad day at work?

bad two weeks mate.

wasnt aimed at you. was trying to be funny. that went down like a ton of bricks, bit like everything else i have been doing latly. except it hasnt been bricks but that nice smelly brown stuff.........

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where abouts are you?

I'm near New Quay, West Wales, any further west and you'd get pretty wet!

I've also had a crap couple of weeks, it seems that work just want to keep piling work on us, and then pressure us for results (GCSE/A-level etc.) at the same time!! Not to mention a small issue with a chainsaw ;-))

Cheers

Aled

bad two weeks mate.

wasnt aimed at you. was trying to be funny. that went down like a ton of bricks, bit like everything else i have been doing latly. except it hasnt been bricks but that nice smelly brown stuff.........

Ah, don't worry, we all go through bad patches, keep your head down and keep moving forward - the crap will clear, it always does!

Thought you were having another pop - don't give up your day job to become a comic - you will go hungry:lol:

Just listen to The Smiths greatest hits, that will make you feel better:lol:

I've also had a crap couple of weeks, it seems that work just want to keep piling work on us, and then pressure us for results (GCSE/A-level etc.) at the same time!! Not to mention a small issue with a chainsaw ;-))

Cheers

Aled

Try mikercike on here, he is based in South Wales, he might be able to have a look

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Cheers

Aled

Get a photo up of the exhaust side of the original Stihl cylinder - I have cleaned up cylinders by post before .....if it helps!

Thanks, I may take you up on that offer. It really isn't that bad compared to the stuff I've seen you sort out on here.

I've just found out through two separate sources that a tree surgeon I know is "**** hot" at fixing chainsaws. I'll take it over to see what he has to say first before going long distance if you don't mind.

Cheers

Aled

Thanks, I may take you up on that offer. It really isn't that bad compared to the stuff I've seen you sort out on here.

I've just found out through two separate sources that a tree surgeon I know is "**** hot" at fixing chainsaws. I'll take it over to see what he has to say first before going long distance if you don't mind.

Cheers

Aled

Not st all, just trying to give you options :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

It's time for a couple of updates

Update 1 - A new Meteor piston arrived yesterday, so I'll be rebuilding the saw again next week during my half term holiday.

Update 2 - I received another parcel today with Husqvarna 365 written on the box!!

I can now carry on with some turning so I'm a happy boy! In fact I need to get turning to make this 365 pay for itself.

I've learnt a lot already so can't wait to get this saw running properly.