A Theraml Imaging Camera For Less than £6,000

Marcus B-T

We have just finished trialing a FLIR thermalmimaging camera that is less than £6,000 and is fit for purpose.

I had a business idea for a thermal imaging camera but it seems my la has picked up on the idea.

I thought about investing in one then advertising to take a thermal photograph of your house for say around £80 giving you a visual picture of where money is leaking out in the form of wasted heat or poor insulation.

5 or 6 a day would be a good earner, but the initial investment of around 15K was the downer.

I thought about it last year but now the cats out the bag

Thanks for this. Some people are going to think I paid you to post the pdf. It even has a picture of the camera we have tested. What it says in the document is absolutly true. Getting the right camera and training is essential. We collaborate heavily with FLIR to get it try to provide the best we can and we don't rest on our laurals and always look to improve.

Here's one from our local rag nicking my business idea, not sure what camera it was though

http://www.halifaxcourier.co.uk/news/Thermal-images-of-every-home.5097605.jp

landlords are going to have to get this done for properties soon(is that what you are talking about dean)and the property will get a relevant grade for how efficient the insulation is. the better the grade the more you will get for rent and vice versa.:001_smile:

I dont mind being the stupid one in the room. Do these cameras have an arboricutural application?

are you having a shot at my title jas, i will try and make this as simple as possible for you. take a pic of the tree. different colours means different stuff, if you know what the colours mean, and what it relates to, then you know if the tree is happy or sad.:001_smile:

I dont mind being the stupid one in the room. Do these cameras have an arboricutural application?

Apparently, decaying wood and live wood, absord heat from the sun at different rates, so putting it in simple terms (just for you JJG) they will show as different temp zones on the camera, like shrek says, interpretting the picture is where the intellect comes in :001_smile: