Free E-book Reduction Via Thinning

benedmonds

I've read it, thanks for download pointer Ben. Here is my personal points, others will differ.

I agree with the style and attitude towards his tree pruning and keeping trees for the longer term. I think beyond my lifespan when dealing with a tree. He is trying to leave trees in a better state for years to come and he deserves praise for this.

What I would prefer and think would help present this information in a more solid convincing light is to take out the personal "I" this or that in the text as this makes it a one man crusade and akin to the american style promotional deals we get on the web. You know the "Send me just $99.99 and I will give you the information you need to never worry about money ever again" This book does not deserve to be looked at in this light.

Also to cut out the 500 million years of evolving and us being like orang-utangs, Despite what ones personal beliefs are in this it has little effect on dealing with the tree now I feel .

When Attenborough says" xxxxx billion years ago when.... I react, how do you know it was that long ago? I have read several books on science matters and the more you look in to it the less convincing it all is and opens even more arguments, whilst undermining credibility. Its like defending yourself in court about a charge. Just give the information thats asked for and needed. You don't mention other things that make you less favouable.

This would make a shorter book perhaps but people would get the knowledge they need.

This sounds highly critical, but its not. Its just two points. I could of emailed the author directly but, have put it out on here to get the ball rolling. I hope it stimulates others then David can crack on with the next instalment.

P.S Mods feel free to mod or delete this post.

And David feel free to email me through the avatar link.

I agree with the style and attitude towards his tree pruning and keeping trees for the longer term. I think beyond my lifespan when dealing with a tree. He is trying to leave trees in a better state for years to come and he deserves praise for this.

What I would prefer and think would help present this information in a more solid convincing light is to take out the personal "I" this or that in the text as this makes it a one man crusade ...

Also to cut out the 500 million years of evolving and us being like orang-utangs, Despite what ones personal beliefs are in this it has little effect on dealing with the tree now I feel .

...Its like defending yourself in court about a charge. Just give the information thats asked for and needed. You don't mention other things that make you less favouable.

This would make a shorter book perhaps but people would get the knowledge they need...

Excellent review; agree on all points. The method of pruning seems to boil down to honing ones instinct by applying personal insights.

Saccade or deconstructing perception into snapshot-like bytes is an insight that was well developed and a flash for me; great stuff. Climber-groundie POV communication was also nice. Could be a separate book/section on its own, fleshed out even more.

Can it or can it not be used to communicate specifications?

How is it compatible or not w BS 3998?

Examples convince more than syllogisms alone.

The before-after images told good stories. How can this method be replicable aka reliable, valid?

If 10 arborists were to reckon where the forks with 'growth phase changes' on 10 trees, how much agreement would there be?

• 1 year later...