Moheda Timber trailer

Dave J

Big ones with a big crane are very expensive.

Trailers are well built and have a good drive system if you get a driven one. I think you can get a parallel crane for the forwarder trailer as well. Some people love them, personally not for me on a forwarder.

You don't have the lifting power of a botex but they're quick. Trailers better built than a botex too. Osbornes are good to deal with too.

We Run a Moheda M500 , the lifting capacity is not far short of a botex , it is a bit quicker than a botex and if im honest the slight loss of lifting capacity is easily made up for in the build quality and customer support that you get from A.T Obornes . the only thing that would sway me towards a botex would be if i was always working with big hardwoods , our crane will happily lift a 4 meter sawlog with a 28 inch top diameter if its in close and the extender is more than capable of dragging timber in close .

We Run a Moheda M500 , the lifting capacity is not far short of a botex , it is a bit quicker than a botex and if im honest the slight loss of lifting capacity is easily made up for in the build quality and customer support that you get from A.T Obornes . the only thing that would sway me towards a botex would be if i was always working with big hardwoods , our crane will happily lift a 4 meter sawlog with a 28 inch top diameter if its in close and the extender is more than capable of dragging timber in close .

Thats the botex market large hardwood and secondary extraction. Out of interest whats the lift on a M500 1.8T close in? I'm sure i remember that they did a remote control box for their cranes too. Which means you can do it from a tiny tractor cab. Also have a stags head block option which are nice.

our moheda is good for 500kg at 6.9 meters as opposed to the botex 510kg at a maximum reach of 5 meters , the moheda will lift 1100 kg at 2 meters as opposed to 1200kg at 2 meters for the botex , personally i would not think twice at having more reach over 100 kg more lift , were currently working on some big hemlock and the grab is not big enough to get round the timber that the crane can lift so having a greater lifting capacity would be wasted

According to plate on mine its 2800 at 2m and 700kg at 6m. Have a 7m one so i;m guessing 500kg at full reach. Obviously the plate weight is without grab or rotor.

I know what you mean about having reach over lift. Got some big Chestnut to do this winter. Can only get one in the grapple at a time and its not a good grip either. I've never really run out of reach with a 7m crane although I'd love an 8m one.

Either way if your doing softwoods and firewood thinning I'd rather a fast Scandinavian crane. If your doing arb or big estate timber then its botex hands down.

According to plate on mine its 2800 at 2m and 700kg at 6m. Have a 7m one so i;m guessing 500kg at full reach. Obviously the plate weight is without grab or rotor.

I know what you mean about having reach over lift. Got some big Chestnut to do this winter. Can only get one in the grapple at a time and its not a good grip either. I've never really run out of reach with a 7m crane although I'd love an 8m one.

Either way if your doing softwoods and firewood thinning I'd rather a fast Scandinavian crane. If your doing arb or big estate timber then its botex hands down.

i do appologise the info i was looking at was for the botex 350tl not the 550 tl :blushing: the only info that i have in the manual for our moheda is not in english so im not sure that the figures are with or without the rotator and grapple

i dont think there is ever a day where i dont wish i had more reach :001_smile: and im pretty sure if i had an extra meter i would still want more , the biggest drawback is certainly seen when it comes to bigger hardwood and the really oversize soft wood but in all fairness there aint too much of that and in a 2.3 lemgth it takes a fir size lump before i start to struggle