new stihl saws not oiling

Tree:Tment

Since i bought the Ms200t I have had nothing but problems with it.

Its oiling does not work and Chainsaw mechanics can't fix it. One of my workers also bought the New light weight stilhl MS150 and has the exact same probs. Bit of a pattern here! Seems like stihl have chosen to make saws cheaper rather than better this time round. I will now be buying saws from the dark side ( Husqvarna ) from now on as i have lot faith in quality of stilhl equipment.

Anyone else have problems with new range of Stihls?

No problems. Seems like you may have a bad saw.

You probably can't get anything done about the 200t unless it was from a dealer and in warranty, but the pumps are easy to change as are the oiling gears.

The 150 I would take back and get the dealer to sort it.

No problems. Seems like you may have a bad saw.

You probably can't get anything done about the 200t unless it was from a dealer and in warranty, but the pumps are easy to change as are the oiling gears.

The 150 I would take back and get the dealer to sort it.

So i buy a ms200t and it was just a bad saw. My groundy buys a 150t and it was also just a bad saw... Whats the chances? I say new stilhs are not good at all. The Ms ranges were the last of the best.

So i buy a ms200t and it was just a bad saw. My groundy buys a 150t and it was also just a bad saw... Whats the chances? I say new stilhs are not good at all. The Ms ranges were the last of the best.

Hmmmm

Unlikely but possible.

The common factor is the oil, what oil are you using

But they are both ms saws.........

It's unlikely they are both dud.

The ms200t is no longer made. Parts are available for it, if from a dealer just send it back. If not then that's he chance you take.

Go buy a husky then, that's your choice.

Sorry but the way I'm reading this thread and your others you do sond lieka whinger.

The 200t has been out of production for a while now so it being brand new is slim. Aswell as most the dealers saying they ran out of them a long time ago.

Either get it fixed and crack on or send to my bin and go buy husky,,,..

But they are both ms saws.........

It's unlikely they are both dud.

The ms200t is no longer made. Parts are available for it, if from a dealer just send it back. If not then that's he chance you take.

Go buy a husky then, that's your choice.

Sorry but the way I'm reading this thread and your others you do sond lieka whinger.

The 200t has been out of production for a while now so it being brand new is slim. Aswell as most the dealers saying they ran out of them a long time ago.

Either get it fixed and crack on or send to my bin and go buy husky,,,..

My bad - it is 201t - not ms200t.

Not winger pal. just got a right to complain about spending big £££'s on saws and they don't work. Not easy making from tree work so when i do spend bucks on equipment i expect at least to get a year or so out of it.

You must be a stilh dealer eh? Stepped on your toes a bit by not liking stihls.

My bad - it is 201t - not ms200t.

Not winger pal. just got a right to complain about spending big £££'s on saws and they don't work. Not easy making from tree work so when i do spend bucks on equipment i expect at least to get a year or so out of it.

You must be a stilh dealer eh? Stepped on your toes a bit by not liking stihls.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No I'm not a stihl dealer, just the most saw I repair. I'm not a dealer of anything, and I honestly like it that way as I'm non bias to any machine (but sthil still rule:001_tt2::001_tt2:)

So its still either get the 201 repaired under warranty or get it fixed elsewhere. The joy of machine ownership.

I've not heard of any 201 with oiling issues, and not had any in for a repair on oilers. Might be a bad oiler that slipped through. But again if its new dealer should have a warranty on it. Same with the 150. I would first try flushing out the oil tank with petrol just to be sure no crap has made its way in there.

The check and clean the bar to ensure it not blocked, should be able to run the saw on tickover with the bar off and oil should appear at the oiler hole. But don't rev it up high. This will eliminate the bar as the problem.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No I'm not a stihl dealer, just the most saw I repair. I'm not a dealer of anything, and I honestly like it that way as I'm non bias to any machine (but sthil still rule:001_tt2::001_tt2:)

So its still either get the 201 repaired under warranty or get it fixed elsewhere. The joy of machine ownership.

I've not heard of any 201 with oiling issues, and not had any in for a repair on oilers. Might be a bad oiler that slipped through. But again if its new dealer should have a warranty on it. Same with the 150. I would first try flushing out the oil tank with petrol just to be sure no crap has made its way in there.

The check and clean the bar to ensure it not blocked, should be able to run the saw on tickover with the bar off and oil should appear at the oiler hole. But don't rev it up high. This will eliminate the bar as the problem.

I gave the bar a good clean - changed bars also.

It is new oil filter inside the oil tank - not the same as ms200t - which makes me think it is filter problem as some oil does come out but not a lot. Will try different ype of oil and flush out tank.

cheer for tips.

I gave the bar a good clean - changed bars also.

It is new oil filter inside the oil tank - not the same as ms200t - which makes me think it is filter problem as some oil does come out but not a lot. Will try different ype of oil and flush out tank.

cheer for tips.

Could also be the worm gear drive, but that's behind the clutch so would need to remove the clutch to get at it.