You generous lot you.

Rich2484

Ok a good old friend of mine is doing a Rome or bust run. He is funding the whole thing from his own pocket so all the money raised can go to charity.

It's a charity that helps children with hirschsprung disease.

It basically a run in a car that cost no more than £350 and with no help or backup recovery. Then he has to turn the car around and come home in it.

Personally I think he is nuts, but for a good cause anything seems normal.

Will get him to come on arbtalk once I send him a link.

The charity helps children with Thai disease that basically effects the bowl.

Any help anyone can give will be very gratefully received.

http://www.justgiving.com/Sam-down

I have googled this for further information, to help others decide in supporting this charity.

What is Hirschsprung disease (HD)?

Hirschsprung* disease (HD) is a disease of the large intestine that causes severe constipation or intestinal obstruction. Constipation means stool moves through the intestines slower than usual. Bowel movements occur less often than normal and stools are difficult to pass. Some children with HD can’t pass stool at all, which can result in the complete blockage of the intestines, a condition called intestinal obstruction. People with HD are born with it and are usually diagnosed when they are infants. Less severe cases are sometimes diagnosed when a child is older. An HD diagnosis in an adult is rare.

Issues with the bowel are often not discussed, leading to ignorance and misinformation, so highlighting such a good cause can only help us all to understand.

Hi Guys,

sorry its taken me so long to get online, took a while to register.

I am the said party taking part in the Rome or Bust rally for charity.

Firstly thank you so much Mike Cotterill for your donation.

As Richard said i am funding this entire rally myself so that every single penny can go to CHAMPS appeal to help cure Hirschsprungs disease. It doesnt matter how much or little you can donate every single pound is massively appreciated. Please dont NOT donate because you dont think you can give enough, every pound counts and adds up.

If you donate and wish to receive a Hirschsprungs Disease Awareness wristband please PM me your address.

Sam Down is fundraising for Champs

Thank you all so much.