timber wanted for turning

midge29

Hia all. My stocks for woodturning are realy low. Has anyone got some dried out timber need stuff bigger than 2-3 inches thick. Will consider most fruit woods elm sycamore no oak thougj. Maybe consider fresh cut.. Thanks nigel. Location I am in gravesend kent

Edited by midge29

Have plenty of turnable logs in the yard, not far from j16 m25. From massive spalted purple beech butts to oversized laburnum stems, lots of yew and robinia

Sounds good. Is it freshly cut. Should be Ok as long as it aint split. Can ya pm me some prices what ya looking for please

Not to tread on Stihlben's toes but I've got some sumach sticks from Alec (agg221), robinia, catalpa lumps (up to 20" dia), cherry logs @ 7'x9" and two lumps of holly @ 32"x12-14".

I suppose it depends on what you call dry; it's been cut a while except for the holly but green stuff can be rough turned, then dried can't it?

I'm in Caterham (J6).

Jon

midge29 - I've e-mailed a professional turner not far from you recommending that he looks at this thread to see what you have on offer.

Jon

sorry i should of explained myself a bit better , i should of said i was realy looking for air dried or kiln dried , i would also be interested in green wood but only if it has not started checking and splitting otherwise it is only good for the fire , is there anyone a bit closer to me with some for sale , thanks nigel

Our yard is in Shoreham, Kent if you want to come and have a look, I'll see what I can sort you out.

Our yard manager does like to process the logs fairly quickly but I often put stuff aside for my Dad as he is also a woodturner.

pm me your number if you're interested and I'll see what we can do.