Do I need cs30?

chazzerb

Hi, you are infact agreeing with me there then! Thats what I said! Everyone at work regardless of employed or self employed has to be competant and suitable trained! Yes, thats what I said. It doesnt have to be in the form of NPTC, yes I said that too.

But thats the employer who has to abide by employment law. In a domestic situation the homeowner "could" (I say could as in possibly, not stating a fact) be seen as the employer and be prosecuted in the event of an accident.

The worker would not be prosectuted by HSE if he cut his own leg off! I think the HSE would consider the fine to have been paid! The employer or homeowner however could be prosecuted. There would be no action taking by the HSE if a 16yr old made money from domestic work and there was no accident or complaint.

It is still wrong though, so agree the 16 yr old should get some training, but in my opinion that should be NPTC plus 4-5yrs work undersupervision.

Agreeing with you?????:confused1:

Employment law and H+S law are different things. H+S applies to everyone at work whereas employment law covers employers/employees and covers welfare, H+S, working hours, disciplinery action, dismissal etc, etc.

What you are suggesting about domestic work means next time you have an electrician round to fix a plug, YOU could be liable if he gets electrocuted????:thumbdown:

As a householder, if you engage a tree surgeon to take a tree down, you engage him as an expert and he, as the expert, is responsible for doing it safely-100%

and he is responsible for carrying out the work safely-100%.

Yes but H&S law is aimed at the employer, not the worker (victim) and employment law is also aimed at the employer not the victim.

So I agree with everything you said above.

And yes, you "could" be liable if you employed a 16yr old electrician with no certification or experience. Of course you could!!!! What kind of a total **** would empliy a 16 yr old to fix a plug!!!

And if you engage a tree surgoen and you expect them to be an expert you would of course be liable if that person was sixteen yrs old with no certs or experience, I can see the no win no fee lawyers lining up now!

BUT, its not against any law for that sixteen yr old to get on with the work!

Since when did being employed by someone make you a victim????

H and S is aimed at everyone at work not just employers and their victims. It applies equally to the self employed and is there to stop people getting hurt.

Chazzerb. If you arent already trained then probably best that you get some training and at 16 a certificate of competance is gonna prove that you understood the training. Your call.

I mean victim as in injured party, the person whom the Hse regs are there to protect so if they are not protected they could be described as the victim??

Just a turn of phrase, don't take it too seriously. But if this 16 yr old is used to carry out work on the cheap and gets injured then victim would be an appropriate word!