Hakki Pilke 1x37 easy problem

samtheman365

Mine did this and the linkage was very slightly bent. A little tweak with a long tyre lever sorted it...

Until something else went wrong with it.

Which wasn't long after.

Then when that was sorted wasn't long till something else went wrong........etc... Etc...

Sam,

I think that if you open the main cover (behind the intake conveyor), you find all the main hydraulic pipes and valves etc. Fairly high up, there is a block, gold or brass in colour that supplies the oil to the splitting ram. It also has a couple blanked off. In one of these connections with the pipes, there is a round piece with about six smaller holes and this comes out of the fitting. This is spring loaded and if it is stuck or sticks it only allows the splitter to split at full force and very slowly. Either replace it at a cost of about £8.00 or just play with it until it seems free. I seem to remember this happening to mine but it was a long time ago. Equally, I might be confusing the 1X37 with the 1X42, but they might work on the same principal.

I hope this helps.

Ed

As ed says,,,,

but inside the valve block is a spring and ball bearing.

Mine did it when stalled ram and moved lever to slow on a knotty bit.

Somehow the spring and ball rotate around by 90"

take it apart and reassemble correctly and hey presto.

As ed says,,,,

but inside the valve block is a spring and ball bearing.

Mine did it when stalled ram and moved lever to slow on a knotty bit.

Somehow the spring and ball rotate around by 90"

take it apart and reassemble correctly and hey presto.

It would be great if you have a pic of this as i have taken it apart and cant find any ball bearing?

Its the small non return valve screwed into one of the gallerys in the 2 speed valve. It has 6 small holes drilled through it hence it looks like a pepper pot. Early versions used a ball and spring to do the same job.

The valve part looks like a mushroom and is prone to wear. I also remember that a batch were not loctited which allowed this particular valve to unscrew its self.