What are the rules on Dead fall etc

bofh

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently collected some wood for walking sticks and all I had done was contact the relevant local authority department beforehand. They were surprisingly helpful and seemed happy that anyone had actually taken the time to ask first so I took the email permission with me. It reminded me of the old Carlsberg advert where the phone in the complaints office rings (anyone old enough to remember that??)

:biggrin:

I doubt that the NT are going to fulfill your wishes or at least, not without jumping through a lot of hoops. They'll even want proof that you can jump through a hoop and do so safely. But first, you'll need to prove that the jumping is necessary and for the greater good of their member and the public in general, that the outcome can't be achieved via other non hazardous means. That each individual hoop is strong enough to take the force of a misaligned jump.

In all likelihood, they'll want to know the colour of each hoop, how many hoops you intend jumping through, the dates when this jumping is going to take place, will the public or any staff be at risk or any extra risk as a consequence of you setting up the hoop/s to be jumped through, will the hoops be left unattended before and or after the jumping, can the NT make an advertising campaign around the jumping, the varifiable history of each hoop, are the hoops environmently friendly in use and after, is the take-off pad/platform safe, is the landing pad/platform safe, what backup plan you have if the passage through a single hoop or multiple hoops goes pear shaped, what shape are the hoops, in what circumstance could the hoops become pear shaped, if the hoops become pear shaped, will this change the dynamics of anything previously mentioned, thought of or imagined in anyone's wildest dreams, will you requires alteration of any access route to enable the hoop jumping, do you expect some form of remuneration from the hoop jumping, if you do make money as a result of the hoop jumping, will the NT get a donation from you, can the NT setup a limited duration funding drive around the hoop jumping, is the hoop jumping weather dependant and if you really feel the hoop jumping is necessary, could NT staff replace you and do the jumping in-house / in-stately home / in-barn / in-woods/ in-dis-used quarry / in-ex Liverpudlian home of ex Beatle / in-boathouse / in-beach area or in-enclosed body of water?

Edited by TGB

I recently collected some wood for walking sticks and all I had done was contact the relevant local authority department beforehand. They were surprisingly helpful and seemed happy that anyone had actually taken the time to ask first so I took the email permission with me. It reminded me of the old Carlsberg advert where the phone in the complaints office rings (anyone old enough to remember that??)

Only just old enough :sneaky2:

Good advice though, I think I'll give them a call, although I don't really fancy strolling around on Dartford Heath.... there are some strange folk up there.

is that add on youtube