snake anchor or Sirius multisaver?

sixstrings

you can choke a multi/fimble saver, you just need to adjust the length so the rings are a few cm apart then install your rope, your weight when applied will pull them together and your rope wont touch the bark.

I sometimes found that when I took my weight off the line in that arrangement it could slip down the stem.....depending on how much rope was in the system to weight it down anyway.....

I sometimes found that when I took my weight off the line in that arrangement it could slip down the stem.....depending on how much rope was in the system to weight it down anyway.....

quite right, i only really use this method when on a final decent on fells.

Hey thanks so much everyone for the replies, some invaluable experience there.

think I might go with the fimblsaver as suggested by Ewan, it's a larger diameter rope which is good. am i best to just get the longer one do you think? they do 1.25m or 2m. there is nothing in it really price wise, am i going to find the longer one just annoyingly long?

Hey thanks so much everyone for the replies, some invaluable experience there.

think I might go with the fimblsaver as suggested by Ewan, it's a larger diameter rope which is good. am i best to just get the longer one do you think? they do 1.25m or 2m. there is nothing in it really price wise, am i going to find the longer one just annoyingly long?

Doubt it, but you might find the short one annoyingly short...! :laugh1:

good point... you can almost guarantee that I will at some point wish i'd gone for the one i don't get! 2M one it is then.. I'm about to press the button to buy nearly £1000 quids worth of climbing kit!! :001_unsure:

hope i have chosen well, i've thought it through for a while and carefully considered each piece. it's my first full personal climbing kit which I am buying to take with me to Australia next month (previously has all been supplied by work) now just to decide between the sequoia (cheaper) and the tree austria 3, i tried them both today and i liked how light the sequoia was, loads of vents etc. but the tree austria appeared to provide more support!

good point... you can almost guarantee that I will at some point wish i'd gone for the one i don't get! 2M one it is then.. I'm about to press the button to buy nearly £1000 quids worth of climbing kit!! :001_unsure:

hope i have chosen well, i've thought it through for a while and carefully considered each piece. it's my first full personal climbing kit which I am buying to take with me to Australia next month (previously has all been supplied by work) now just to decide between the sequoia (cheaper) and the tree austria 3, i tried them both today and i liked how light the sequoia was, loads of vents etc. but the tree austria appeared to provide more support!

austria three is my seat of choice too, and for the last 7 years, a great harness, especialy with the added seat option for those longer climbs and sits:thumbup1: