Nissan Cabstar E95 leaf springs

bggc

What the hell are you going to put on it? :lol:

Mines outside with 2ton+ of wood on it and you can't tell its overweight.

One thing I have noticed on mine is the silly little bump stops for the rear axle. I have no idea what weight you would have to put on it to get them anywhere near the axle. They are purely ornamental as far as I can tell.

On my old cabstar (the twin headlight version) there were big chunky rubber bumpstops. Once you got her sitting on them you could put as much as you liked on, it made no difference. If I were going to try to make mine uprated that is where I would be looking to change things.

Mines a LWB and I don't think I ever saw another one like it, so maybe the bumpstops on mine are different.

As for changing springs, I have only ever replaced broken ones never uprated them.

What the hell are you going to put on it? :lol:

Mines outside with 2ton+ of wood on it and you can't tell its overweight.

One thing I have noticed on mine is the silly little bump stops for the rear axle. I have no idea what weight you would have to put on it to get them anywhere near the axle. They are purely ornamental as far as I can tell.

On my old cabstar (the twin headlight version) there were big chunky rubber bumpstops. Once you got her sitting on them you could put as much as you liked on, it made no difference. If I were going to try to make mine uprated that is where I would be looking to change things.

Mines a LWB and I don't think I ever saw another one like it, so maybe the bumpstops on mine are different.

As for changing springs, I have only ever replaced broken ones never uprated them.

My reason for looking at uprating them is i'v had a tool cabinet built behind the cab which means i'v lost a bit of volume so more of the weight is over the back axle which is causing the rear to hang lower to the ground when carrying larger loads.

My son has just picked up some second hand springs for his Navara. Apparently they came off a Nav that had a Luton body on the back. These springs did pretty much what you are asking for I guess, carrying more weight that is just over the rear axle.

As far as I know the difference is just two extra "helper" leaves on the bottom.

Sounds like they are available off the shelf, if not there are still people out there that can make springs as a one off. I had some made to my spec some years ago, just looked up "auto spring manufacturers" in yellow pages.

Good luck :)

Thanks, I've been put in touch with a local vehicle spring manufacturer/supplier, on their website they list most vehicle manufacturer names which they have springs for but for Nissan they only list Navara. I'll try calling them next week and see what they can offer. All this has only really come about today, hence why i'm trying here first.