Isuzu Customer Care (Or Lack Of It!!)

Daniel Jiggins

My local dealer, Heritage, on the Aylestone Road in Leicester were spot on.

Fred Heritage himself rang me thank me for the 5 years of high miles that my Rodeo did.

Nowt disastrous really happened to cause concern.......

I bought an Isuzu Trooper new in 2003 which developed an engine fault at sub-20k miles. I kept contacting Isuzu at garage level, then right up to top corporate level over the three years i owned it, over 10 months of which it was off the road and not running at all with Isuzu not agreeing to honour the warranty. This went on and on until VOSA issued a recall against the car to deal with a KNOWN fault with the injectors in the 3l engine. Even after this was repaired by our local Isuzu dealer it failed again with the same fault within a couple of months, at which point I called the finance company and told them to come and pick up their car.

All of this cost me THOUSANDS in replacement vehicle hire, tow truck recovery fees and the fact that I still had to pay over £300/month against a new car which wouldn't run.

I appreciate that this engine is now consigned to history with the issues it had, but I will never forgive Isuzu for totally leaving me out to dry when they will have known all along that this engine was a dog and had serious reliability issues.

When the VOSA recall came around they even had the temerity to try to make me feel as if they were doing me a favour in repairing it after I brought it up to the garage on the back of a tow truck with sub-60k miles on the clock and no end of trouble. Swines.

Does that answer your question?

I bought an Isuzu Trooper new in 2003 which developed an engine fault at sub-20k miles. I kept contacting Isuzu at garage level, then right up to top corporate level over the three years i owned it, over 10 months of which it was off the road and not running at all with Isuzu not agreeing to honour the warranty. This went on and on until VOSA issued a recall against the car to deal with a KNOWN fault with the injectors in the 3l engine. Even after this was repaired by our local Isuzu dealer it failed again with the same fault within a couple of months, at which point I called the finance company and told them to come and pick up their car.

All of this cost me THOUSANDS in replacement vehicle hire, tow truck recovery fees and the fact that I still had to pay over £300/month against a new car which wouldn't run.

I appreciate that this engine is now consigned to history with the issues it had, but I will never forgive Isuzu for totally leaving me out to dry when they will have known all along that this engine was a dog and had serious reliability issues.

When the VOSA recall came around they even had the temerity to try to make me feel as if they were doing me a favour in repairing it after I brought it up to the garage on the back of a tow truck with sub-60k miles on the clock and no end of trouble. Swines.

Does that answer your question?

Yes! Sounds like things haven't improved!!

Shame I really like the truck another Ford ranger here I come!

I had a 2007 ranger which I unfortunately stuffed into a wall last Autumn. I'd get another one if the price was right- plenty of dealers, fairly cheap parts, nice to drive. Sensible choice.

They seem to be fetching a fair amount second hand at the moment.

I had a 2007 ranger which I unfortunately stuffed into a wall last Autumn. I'd get another one if the price was right- plenty of dealers, fairly cheap parts, nice to drive. Sensible choice.

They seem to be fetching a fair amount second hand at the moment.

Hi Scott,

Yes I'm currently running a 2008 Ranger Tipper which I like. the Rodeo is my family car come work truck.

I was thinking of the new D max twin turbo but the aftercare from Isuzu is diar!