Tree motion bridge replacement

Ollie Wall

So true Sirnick2.

I read here that the one is cheaper by the meter than the other....... WTF. Your life depends on it and as a climber on a daily base you have to replace it every what? Day? And you need what? 100 meters for a proper bridge?

:confused::thumbdown::cool:

I am not a daily base climber and in all the years that I climb in the TreeMotion I replaced the leg to bridge straps, the waist to bridge straps, the leg paddings and the bridge twice. All original.

In all those how much? Five years? Leave the beer and pot alone every now and then and you can afford the original version in gold or platinum.

It's a 50 centimeter piece of rope every year FGS.

AS much as Im sure Teufleburger would like us all to follow your shining example, I just do not see it.

You can split C hairs, and then you can 'split C hairs'.

Ill leave you to it.

Its not like they are talking about replacing the bridge with some worn out piece of rope they found in the ditch.

Do our manufacturer strength ratings mean that little ?

As for the beer and pot,....just simply... no !

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you will find that if you use any rope for the bridge instead of the original part the Harness will no longer be covered by the CE or EN regs so i understand.

If you were to follow this same thought to its logical conclusion then more than half our systems are not safe to climb on unless we buy a CE climb from tefalburger and maintain the components only with manafacturer originals.

You are correct though the harness has been CE tested in the configuration you bought it and any alteration to that means it as a whole not been tested.

Only the piece of suitable cord you replaced the bridge with has been ce certified and is also suitable for the knots we tie.

I do not believe the original bridge has any special characteristics for use as a bridge unless someone else can tell me otherwise.

Basically the systems we climb with as a whole are a mix n match of parts often none of which have been CE certified as a whole as long as its done appropiatley I can't see there being any issue.