Hello all, recommend me..........

Fairmer

You won't get a non pro saw to pull a bigger bar (the 365 is a pro saw)

Also IMO don't buy a saw from the PNW as they will scare the crap outta ya (not being rude)

365 is listed as semi pro here, just run it on what ever bar, the bigger they are the longer it'll take to cut

PNW saws don't bother me, 385 was my first toy, still like to play with it now, but I do fancy a bigger one! 2100, 3120, 880 and 090 all look good fun!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Has to be husky so it matches the TE610:biggrin: Cant strap a Stihl to a husky crosser just wouldn‘t be right!

And taking two cuts, takes to long to walk round the other side, i‘m a farmer time is tight! And my saw skills are not up to you guys, heavy tractors and machinery help an amature like me though.

Fairmer.

If it's a 365 from the states and only going to be used to cut softwood, it might be worth seeing if you can get it with one of their funny chains on, I'm not sure if it's skip? or semi skip?

That way it might handle a 28" bar, not going to be ideal but should do it I would have thought.

It's a skip chain buddy lol it would be better but well you'll be working the saw to the max

365 is listed as semi pro here, just run it on what ever bar, the bigger they are the longer it'll take to cut

PNW saws don't bother me, 385 was my first toy, still like to play with it now, but I do fancy a bigger one! 2100, 3120, 880 and 090 all look good fun!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Bro you are a cutter he ain't so a PNW fully ported and set up is NOT for someone not used to them ......ya may disagree but cool

In any event ya wanna pull bigger bars then bigger saw less ya want to screw it.

Hi all, been a lurker for many years, not a pro arb just a humble farmer who seems to spend a lot of time cutting up wind blown stuff around the farm, keeps the stoves and burners going all year so shouldn't complain.

Anyway, my trusty 346xp has been great for years and is still going strong but I have some big softwood I would like to deal with, 2-3 feet across at the base so looking for something that will take 24"-36" bar for occasional use, so a big pro saw will be wasted on me and cost lots!

My mate is off to the states next week and I have found a dealer in the states who is selling 365 specials for £400, so my question is will that pull a 28" bar and chain or should I be looking for something else?

It has to be husqy by the was because I have a TE610 for blatting around the land on: biggrin:

Cheers,

Fairmer.

I actually read the above, and therefore a new saw, yes, the 365 will pull 28" in softwood occasionally. Just make sure your mate buys a few loops of either semi skip, or better still, full skip chain.

It will also be an awsome saw for general use too, with a smaller bar say 18".

I actually read the above, and therefore a new saw, yes, the 365 will pull 28" in softwood occasionally. Just make sure your mate buys a few loops of either semi skip, or better still, full skip chain.

It will also be an awsome saw for general use too, with a smaller bar say 18".

I agree to an extent but honestly you'll need more than a couple of loops

You'd also be better checking with Homeland Sec if they'll let it on a plane even in the hold.......

Really taking 2 swipes will be quicker than pushing it to it's limits

Skip chain? Now you are getting way to technical, so 365 wouldn‘t be much use then, it would only be for the base/thickest bit the move down to the 346 or smaller bar on the 365.

Thanks for all your input up till now,

Fairmer.

It's a skip chain buddy lol it would be better but well you'll be working the saw to the max

But he wants it for occasional use on softwood:confused1:

Running a 28" bar on skip is actually easier on the saw than running 20" full comp chain, so will not over do that saw.

But he wants it for occasional use on softwood:confused1:

Running a 28" bar on skip is actually easier on the saw than running 20" full comp chain, so will not over do that saw.

Ok bro I ain't gonna argue with ya

Put a 24 on the 365 if your heart set on that and take 2 swipes a\nd the butt end......the rest it'll cut easy