RopeArmor Ropeknight ultimate throw weight!

Old Mill Tree Care

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you when you have a big shot? OMT, look in your box you will see the long gun set up with diagrams on how to use it. I have tied a slip knot in the line and used it like that one handed although not ideal!

My idiocy at throwing by hand is unchallenged so I thought if attempt a throw with the RK.

I threw it at a Willow and hey-presto, it went where I aimed it. I suspected a fluke so threw about a dozen times and each one was bang on. I struggled to achieve much height but that was from lack of confidence.

I could fool myself and say all sorts but it just seems that the weight and dynamics somehow suit my technique.

I don't know of this Long gun so I'll look it up.

Any tips anyone?

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Why would you when you have a big shot? OMT, look in your box you will see the long gun set up with diagrams on how to use it. I have tied a slip knot in the line and used it like that one handed although not ideal!

Because one day it may break, I also like to just keep to essential kit I get sick n tired of dragging everything around. It's good to be proficient with the hand throw technique.

As for tips it's entirely personal, for me it's do not throw it hard as soon as I give it some real omph my accuracy goes. Been able to get 90ft accuratly just not consistently and can take a few goes. Lets face it how often do we get to work on anything over 100ft not to often!

My idiocy at throwing by hand is unchallenged so I thought if attempt a throw with the RK.

I threw it at a Willow and hey-presto, it went where I aimed it. I suspected a fluke so threw about a dozen times and each one was bang on. I struggled to achieve much height but that was from lack of confidence.

I could fool myself and say all sorts but it just seems that the weight and dynamics somehow suit my technique.

I don't know of this Long gun so I'll look it up.

I am terrible at throwing as well thus the RK.

No matter if you throw with one or two hands the accuracy gains

are noticable. The technique follows the same principle as having a long barrel gun opposed to a short barrell gun.

Cheers

597664a3f2b35_FastAttachLongGun.jpg.ebe786828cec0c3558e9f2dad7f8d7b6.jpg

Edited by RopeKnight

Aha, that looks good and simple.

Is there an optimum length for the strop I wonder? I'll set this up today and try it next week.

As an aside, yesterday we worked on a row of 9 trees. I used the RopeKnight with BigShot and used 10 shots total.

I know from experience that it would have been around 13 shots with the Highball and more with the standard throw bag.

The missed shot hit a branch (because I didn't hold the BigShot steady) and the bounce was no worse than that with a regular bag and a great deal less than the Highball.

Brilliant.

about a metre works well for me.

the taller you are the greater the lenght can be for the LONGgun technique.

I tried SS cable for the longgun and found it worked great until it kinked.

A non kinking stiff cord would be the best. The cable did work well at preventing wraps and the added weight was welcome at times.

I am working on finding the perfect cord.

If any one has something in mind that is stiff like steel cable and won't kink, I woould love to hear about it.

Cheers

I have not done any more hand throwing practice this week, just used the BigShot.

I have not had much practice with the RopeKnight either this week. The reason for this is that I get my branch on the second but usually first shot. With the old bag it was 2-4 shots.

So that's enough proof for me that it works as the designer describes. It really does save time.

👍👍

I had a few shots with the vinyl sleeve the other day. The RK came out the BigShot well and appeared to fly straight with it on.

The first shot was on target but underpowered.

The second shot missed because I didn't hold the BigShot steady.

The third shot had to penetrate some thrift on the way up but was as perfect as could be.

Anyone else use the vinyl sleeve much and with what results?