Petzl recall charges heads up

Dan Earp

Hi guys,

Didn't know if anyone else had come across this but the package they send you, so you can send the ZZ back is only covered for items worth £20 or under.

I had to pay another £4.35 to get it sent special delievery as i dont want to loose the zz and my ££ lol.

Ive called the team which is in charge of this service and they'll be calling me back today.

For those concerned by this I have just received the following email from Petzl.

'I see that a few people on the forum have raised a concern that if they send their ZIGZAG back to us at Lyon Equipment, the package may not be covered fully by insurance.

I have checked with our Customer Service department and if people are worried that Royal Mail will not do their usual excellent job then they can take the ZIGZAG, in the pre-paid packaging we have supplied them with, to their local post office and ask for a ‘proof of postage’ note from them.

They can keep hold of this ‘proof of postage’ note and in the unlikely event of anything going amiss then we can get the note from them and deal with things on their behalf. There is no need for customers to arrange their own postage or use an alternative carrier.'

Steve, its still worth £178 to me and im not gunna lose the ZZ and the cash. If it went missing in the post how would i get my ££ back if there wasn't any proof

That's what a proof of posting is for, and what Petzl appear to be saying is that so long as you have proof that it was dispatched then you'll get your refund, even if it never reaches them.

Presumably all they will do is use them for destructive testing so they have no resale value to Petzl.

I always ask for proof of posting when I ship stuff I've sold on eBay if the buyer doesn't want to pay for recorded.