Conservation Area - another tricky one

treebloke

If the tree and the pub are on the same land, then 'actionable nuisance' doesn't apply (I don't believe) and unless you can get the go-ahead from the TO beforehand you have to go through the 6 week notifictaion period...so 3 weeks doesn;t sound too bad.

Madness I know, but there's no way of tying back / up the offending branches til you get go ahead to prune so repair works can proceed is there?

Sorry Bob...all out of (stupid) ideas now.

W'yam.

Paul

PS Councils can only 'fast-track' a sect. 211 notice IF there's a will to do so AND if the TO has delegated powers...I think.

I believe 'actionable nuisance' will not apply as the tree and pub are owned by the same company.

There must be some way under the circumstances that work work can commence, it serves no one's best interest for the pub to lose money or put the building at greater risk of further damage simply because of bureaucracy.

Thanks for your thoughts Paul, have you ever done a risk assessment on, a dark night, balaclava and silky:angryfire:.

I believe 'actionable nuisance' will not apply as the tree and pub are owned by the same company.

There must be some way under the circumstances that work work can commence, it serves no one's best interest for the pub to lose money or put the building at greater risk of further damage simply because of bureaucracy.

Thanks for your thoughts Paul, have you ever done a risk assessment on, a dark night, balaclava and silky:angryfire:.

Bob, simplistically (as I am :biggrin:) I can only see two obvious ways forward, assuming 'tying back/up' the offedning branches is not an option:

1. Await the 3 weeks the TO has indicated (it could be 6 weeks.)

2. Proceed and risk prosecution...or a warning. :sneaky2:

Good luck..

Paul

Paul, option 1 is a good idea if we had some cloud anchors and as you know, option 2 is not an option. It's a bit frustrating to say the least but on reflection they have bought it about themselves by not getting us in sooner to maintain the tree.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Get the pub to involve his local councillor and get a few of the local drinkers to do likewise. If councillors get more than two letters on any item then they act very quickly. They can boot the TO better than anybody.

I know what you mean but I live 40 miles from this site and the pub was shut due to the fire damage.

It's all sorted now, we managed to cut back the offending branches in the way of the scaffolding/thatcher under permitted development, we had to wait for the CA notification before we could crown lift the tree which to be fair was only around four weeks.

It just doesn't make sense to make two visit's for such minor work, it's good for us because we get paid twice but a waste of money for the client.