The Sidewinder way.

Old Mill Tree Care

I have my strop on the left so the big hole is fine for me, even with the spool thingy centrally on the back of my belt. The only thing I find personally is that now I don't realy use the leaver on the cinch, I just twist the whole thing round for slack. I did try using the cinch up side down but it was just a bit gay.

I don't use the lever at all, just rotate the cinch, no probs even with gloves on. Only thing I'll do is out a silicon keeper on the biner to help keep the cinch orientated when the lanyard slackens.

Cheers,

Tony

Keeping the cinch oriented on the biner when slack is a good idea. Got a big leylandii job coming up in a couple of months. It might be good for that as I wouldn't have to keep dragging a strop around. Plus the fact that it's quite long so can have a couple of wraps on a branch for work position. Just got a ISC triple action snap today which is pretty easy to use. The whole thing seems to make a neat system. I'm putting a bit of red tape near the end of the line so I can stop taking out rope before it's all payed out.

Keeping the cinch oriented on the biner when slack is a good idea. Got a big leylandii job coming up in a couple of months. It might be good for that as I wouldn't have to keep dragging a strop around. Plus the fact that it's quite long so can have a couple of wraps on a branch for work position. Just got a ISC triple action snap today which is pretty easy to use. The whole thing seems to make a neat system. I'm putting a bit of red tape near the end of the line so I can stop taking out rope before it's all payed out.

Great minds bro, I placed some red whipping and lock stitched it 2ft from the end so it shows past the cinch.

Without the keeper on the cinch biner its a bit floppy and if you not careful it will side load giving a disconcerting flick as it orientates when loaded.

Cheers,

Tony

Every time I pull all the rope out the mechanism won't recoil until I dismantle the case so I'll be marking the rope later too.

[/b]

Every time I pull all the rope out the mechanism won't recoil until I dismantle the case so I'll be marking the rope later too.

Al, has your Sidewinder always done this or has this started after you rerouted where the line comes out of the housing? The reason I ask is that I yank mine until it stops all the time and it has always been able to recoil without much fuss.

David

Al, has your Sidewinder always done this or has this started after you rerouted where the line comes out of the housing? The reason I ask is that I yank mine until it stops all the time and it has always been able to recoil without much fuss.

David

Not sure but I guess it's a good question although I don't know why it would make a difference.

Any thoughts.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

I think it might be that the locking ratchet is in a locked location at the same point as your rope runs out and in the normal rope routing the spring has some movement left so a tug will allow it to rewind.

Daid