The Sidewinder way.

Old Mill Tree Care

Tony, old mill... how long did it take for yours to arrive? According to tracking number mine was sent on the 4th of June but still not arrived.

I ordered mine on the 6th and it arrived on the 13th, that's to OZ and I paid for priority post. I am sure its not far from your door step, I think you'll be happy with it. hope that helps mate.

Regards,

Tony

Mine landed today. was just playing with it and pulled all the cord through to see how the tail end was fixed inside. When I tried to let it go back in, it would only go so far until the reel was full, leaving a bit much slack hanging out! There's about half a meter hanging out now.

It didn't come with any instructions. Is the plugged hole in case you prefer the lanyard on your right?

You can open it up to get another wrap on the spool but generally there is some hanging out so that the lanyard is still 15ft.

I don't know why the plugged hole is there. I have my line out through it although you need to expand the hole to reduce friction as the rope goes in and out. Works perfectly.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Mine landed today. was just playing with it and pulled all the cord through to see how the tail end was fixed inside. When I tried to let it go back in, it would only go so far until the reel was full, leaving a bit much slack hanging out! There's about half a meter hanging out now.

It didn't come with any instructions. Is the plugged hole in case you prefer the lanyard on your right?

Good stuff, mines the same, if it worried me I would cut 2 ft off making a 13 ft'r. A small loop is here nor there for me, in fact the slack may make it a bit easier to draw than pulling from right at the Cinch.

I am yet to evaluate mine but have a full day booked next week.

Cheers,

Tony

Yes, after fiddling about with it at ground level, you're right; the small loop is neither here nor there. It does seem to work great. The cinch takes a bit of getting used to if you haven't used one. I purposely put the sidewinder on upside-down so that the rope feeds out from the big hole at the top. Just need to get a snap ordered next.

I had a chance to use mine fairly extensively today on a couple of Elm prunes that turned into dismantles. Good bit of kit I'll be keeping on my harness, the 10mm BL was not an issue and as a first time Cinch user I was impressed of how intuitive it was. :thumbup: from me.

Regards,

Tony

I have my strop on the left so the big hole is fine for me, even with the spool thingy centrally on the back of my belt. The only thing I find personally is that now I don't realy use the leaver on the cinch, I just twist the whole thing round for slack. I did try using the cinch up side down but it was just a bit gay.