Quick question power line maintainance and tpo tree

sasha.p

Just a quick question my hubby bumped into some contractors on our ground this morning doing power line clearance when he asked who they were and what they was doing they told him they was going to fell one of our tpo trees I Just been up to look at it and have no problem with them doing their job but as a landowner shouldn't we of been notified of this as its a t.p.o tree?just wondered what the procedure is for them.I would say it needs removal due to the size and the fact the ground is so wet there if it did go over which it will do as the others near by have already upturned it would take the power lines out when it goes so prevention is better than cure but just wondering why nobody informed us or has tried to contact us and is that the way it normally works?

I don't do utility work so can only answer in the broadest sense as I understand it.

1. Utilities do have an exemption for necessary for, with regard to TPO's.

2. I believe that they normally have to notify the landowner of their intention to enter land to carry out works.

There are loads on here more knowledgeable than me in this though.

Thanks for the response I just wondered that's all I would of guessed myself it was power line clearance being next to the lines if we had not of heard them on site but for anyone who was a landowner to find a tpo removed without any contact I would imagine would be a bit of a shock. hubby bumped into them again earlier as when they were working didn't have their paperwork on them but when he seen them after they were in their vehicle so he signed it all for them then and at least I know they are on site now so will have to keep my dogs on a lead its lucky we heard the saws earlier otherwise would of been none the wiser as the dogs would of gone to investigate im sure they wouldn't of appreciated being chased by two german shepherds lol they probably thought hubby was tree hugger going to protest about them removing the trees when he first saw them:biggrin:

Should have visited you with atleast 24 hours notice, tbf the surveyor usually gets the permit, but when I worked utilities we would just do it if we couldn't get hold of the landowner.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App