Acuf case mb4/94 u900

ACUF

Hi Everyone,

This is my U900, and I'm going through it, brakes, clutch, fluids, etc.. and having the lift certified, to have it ready for spring. I will be running my Valby (Farmi) CH140 chipper off the front. I have a 8k or 10k lb hyd winch for the rear. I have a nice set of limb lopper hyd tools for in the bucket, (pole lopper & pole saw), and the working height is between 35-40'.

I also got with this unit a Schmidt S3 single stage snow blower/cutter, and a Schmidt MF-3 sectional plow. All of this comes from Westmont Il. division of public works. They took very good care of it, and even gave me 2k in misc. spare parts.

I am very thankful to be able to share this with you all, and it almost didn't materialize, due to the recession. But, with much determination, selling my first U900, and a small business loan, ACUF prevailed.

I look forward to giving you all some feedback on its performance in the field.

Thank you for looking.

-ACUF-

IMG_0778.jpg.b1badf5e82019ea426a3b393fa586042.jpg

IMG_0792.jpg.332ba887323a784acd0c515dfc763afa.jpg

IMG_0788.jpg.c56d972ab49901115a7e796b201006a7.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg.0c266c6470d8558706bc5b3835fe4fad.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg.36b5c3a62a7a3ed7e8a0cc166612c28e.jpg

Edited by ACUF

Yeah,

J.I. Case imported the U900 mid 70's through 1980 something. They were the only Unimog that made it into North America, and were then way ahead of their time, so they didn't catch on. Places like public works really loved them for all of their uses, so many were purchased by small cities, townships, etc.

So, Case did some little additions to the U900, mainly in the form of the Case deck, the roll over protection (ROPS) and the falling protection (FOPS). The Case deck is kinda like the spider frame in European U900, etc, that can receive a myriad of attachments on it, backhoe, etc.

But, its a full fledged hard cab Unimog, 20+ speeds, all of the hydraulic circuits, all pto's, etc. I plan on giving it a good once over and coming up with a good colorway in the future, and will have my logo in place of the Case emblems on the doors. All I'm sure of now on the colors is the wheels will be a flat black, as well as the chassis, and underbody, the deck, rops, and fops.

Thanks for asking.

ACUF

J.I. Case imported the U900 mid 70's through 1980 something. They were the only Unimog that made it into North America,

also the SEE (Small Emplacement Excavator) was in the USA besides the Case MB4/94 at the time, though that are all based on the u900 (406) or u1100 (416)

Yeah, Thats correct. My understanding is that Freightliner North America purchased the marketing rights/stock, etc from JI Case at the end of case's role w/ Mercedes, and then Freightliner worked with the military intelligence to produce the final manifestation of the U900 in North America, known as the S.E.E. tractors. Now, some Freightliner dealers kept offering Unmog until 2005, where they offered the U500, etc, but have since stopped the import all together. I hear talk of them offering Unimog again in 2012.